Basic Physics & Measurement in Anaesthesia / Edition 5by P.D. Davis
Pub. Date: 07/11/2003
Publisher: Elsevier Health Sciences
- Offers a comprehensive guide to physical
An introductory text to the physical principles and their clinical application in anaesthesia. From SHO, through specialist training, this book gives a firm grounding, avoiding complex mathematics and irrelevant detail. Measurement and monitoring are a key element of anaesthesia for both nurses and anaesthetists.
- Offers a comprehensive guide to physical principles and their clinical application in anesthesia to help the reader practice safe and reliable anesthesia.
- Uses clinical examples throughout to aid in understanding.
- Provides practical advice on essential measurement and monitoring using the latest equipment and technology.
- Covers all topics related to equipment, physics and clinical measurement.
- Presents easy to understand information in a highly readable format with figures throughout to illustrate equipment and principles.
- Updated throughout to provide the most current information.
- Includes a new chapter on Assessment of awareness during anaesthesia (Ch. 26).
- Elsevier Health Sciences
- Publication date:
- Edition description:
- Sales rank:
- Product dimensions:
- 0.68(w) x 6.14(h) x 9.21(d)
Table of Contents1. Pressure
2. Fluid flow
3. Volume and flow measurement
4. The gas laws
5. Natural exponential functions
7. Diffusion and osmosis
8. Work, energy and power
10. Heat capacity and latent heat
13. The sine wave and wave patterns
15. Biological electrical potentials:
their display and recording
16. Electrical safety
17. Blood pressure measurement
18. Oxygen measurement
19. Hydrogen ion and carbon dioxide measurement
20. Further techniques of gas and vapour analysis
21. Gas supplies
22. Breathing and scavenging systems
23. Fires and explosions
24. Isotopes and radiation
25. Presentation and handling of data, basic measurement concepts
26. Assessment of awareness during anaesthesia
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >