Basic Technical Mathematics with Calculus, SI Version, Ninth Edition / Edition 9by Allyn J. Washington
Pub. Date: 10/07/2009
Publisher: Addison Wesley
The new edition of this tried-and-true text from Allyn Washington, the pioneer of the basic technical mathematics course, preserves the author's highly regarded approach to technical math while enhancing the integration of technology in the text. The book is intended for a two- or three-semester course and is taught primarily to students who plan to pursue… See more details below
The new edition of this tried-and-true text from Allyn Washington, the pioneer of the basic technical mathematics course, preserves the author's highly regarded approach to technical math while enhancing the integration of technology in the text. The book is intended for a two- or three-semester course and is taught primarily to students who plan to pursue technical fields. The primary strength of the text is the heavy integration of technical applications, which aids the student in pursuit of a technical career by showing the importance of a strong foundation in algebraic and trigonometric math. This version contains 100% SI units.
Table of Contents
1. Basic Algebraic Operations.
3. Functions and Graphs.
4. The Trigonometric Functions.
5. Systems of Linear Equations; Determinants.
6. Factoring and Fractions.
7. Quadratic Equations.
8. Trigonometric Functions of Any Angle.
9. Vectors and Oblique Triangles.
10. Graphs of the Trigonometric Functions.
11. Exponents and Radicals.
12. Complex Numbers.
13. Exponential and Logarithmic Functions.
14. Additional Types of Equations and Systems of Equations.
15. Equations of Higher Degree.
19. Sequences and the Binomial Theorem.
20. Additional Topics in Trigonometry.
21. Plane Analytic Geometry.
22. Introduction to Statistics.
23. The Derivative.
24. Applications of the Derivative.
26. Applications of Integration.
27. Differentiation of Transcendental Functions.
28. Methods of Integration.
29. Expansion of Functions in Series.
30. Differential Equations.
Appendix A: Study Aids.
Appendix B: Units of Measurement; The Metric System.
Appendix C: The Graphing Calculator.
Appendix D: Newton's Method
Appendix E: A Table of Integrals
Answers to Odd-Numbered Exercises.
Solutions to Practice Test Problems.
Index of Applications.
Index of Writing Exercises.
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >