Basics of Anesthesia: Expert Consult - Online and Print / Edition 6by Ronald D. Miller, Manuel Pardo
Pub. Date: 07/08/2011
Publisher: Elsevier Health Sciences
With the most authoritative and complete overview of anesthesia theory and practice, the latest edition of Basic Anesthesia, edited by noted anesthesiologist Ronald D. Miller, MD and Manuel C. Pardo, Jr., MD, continues to serve as an excellent primer on the scope and practice of anesthesiology. Widely acknowledged as the foremost introductory text, the new
With the most authoritative and complete overview of anesthesia theory and practice, the latest edition of Basic Anesthesia, edited by noted anesthesiologist Ronald D. Miller, MD and Manuel C. Pardo, Jr., MD, continues to serve as an excellent primer on the scope and practice of anesthesiology. Widely acknowledged as the foremost introductory text, the new edition-now presented in full color throughout-has been thoroughly updated to reflect new and rapidly changing areas in anesthesia practice including new chapters on awareness under anesthesia, quality and patient safety, orthopedics, and expanded coverage of new ultrasound techniques in regional anesthesiology with detailed illustrated guidance. You can access the full text and image library online at www.expertconsult.com.
• Obtain a clear overview of everything you need to know about the fundamentals of anesthesia, including basic science and emerging clinical topics.
• Efficiently retain and synthesize information more easily thanks to a concise, at-a-glance format with numerous illustrations and tables throughout the book that condense complex concepts, and ‘Questions of the Day’ to assist you in understanding key material presented in each chapter.
• Discover the newest in anesthesiology with rigorously updated chapters and the addition of appropriate new chapters on important emerging topics such as awareness under anesthesia; quality and patient safety; orthopedics; and expanded coverage of new ultrasound techniques in regional anesthesiology.
• Learn from one of the very best. World-renowned anesthesiologist Dr. Ronald D. Miller, along with new co-editor Dr. Manuel Pardo, presents definitive coverage on new and rapidly changing areas in anesthesia practice.
• Grasp vital concepts easily thanks to concise, easy-to-read, masterfully edited chapters and a user-friendly format-now presented in full color throughout.
• Gain a detailed visual understanding on how to perform ultrasound techniques in regional anesthesiology (Peripheral Nerve Blocks) using illustrations and high-quality images.
• Access the full contents anywhere, anytime at www.expertconsult.com.
Clear and concise information written by arguably the best-known anesthesiologist in the world, Dr. Ronald Miller, and a new co-editor Dr. Manuel Pardo, makes difficult concepts easier to understand.
- Elsevier Health Sciences
- Publication date:
- Edition description:
- New Edition
- Sales rank:
- Product dimensions:
- 8.10(w) x 10.24(h) x 1.48(d)
Table of Contents
Basics of Anesthesia, 6th Edition
Table of Contents
SECTION I. INTRODUCTION
1. History of Anesthesia
2. Scope of Practice
3. Approach to Learning
4. Medical Informatics
SECTION II. PHARMACOLOGY AND PHYSIOLOGY
5. Basic Pharmacologic Principles
6. Clinical Cardiac and Pulmonary Physiology
7. Autonomic Nervous System
8. Inhaled Anesthetics
9. Intravenous Anesthetics
11. Local Anesthetics
12. Neuromuscular Blocking Drugs
SECTION III. PREOPERATIVE PREPARATION AND INTRAOPERATIVE MANAGEMENT
13. Preoperative Evaluation and Medication
14. Choice of Anesthetic Technique
15. Anesthesia Delivery systems
16. Airway Management
17. Spinal and Epidural Anesthesia
18. Peripheral Nerve Blocks
19. Positioning and Associated Risks
20. Anesthetic Monitoring
21. Acid-Base Balance and Blood Gas Analysis
23. Fluid Management
24. Blood Therapy
SECTION IV. SPECIAL ANESTHETIC CONSIDERATIONS
25. Cardiovascular Disease
26. Congenital Heart Disease
27. Chronic Pulmonary Disease
28. Renal, Liver, and Biliary Tract Disease
29. Nutritional and Gastrointestinal Disease
30. Central Nervous System
31. Ophthalmology and Otolaryngology
35. Elderly Patients
36. Organ Transplantation
37. Outpatient Surgery
38. Procedures Performed Outside the Operating Room
SECTION V. RECOVERY PERIOD
39. Postanesthesia Recovery
40. Acute Postoperative Pain Management
SECTION VI. CONSULTANT ANESTHETIC PRACTICE
41. Critical Care Medicine
42. Trauma, Bioterrorism and Natural Disasters
43. Chronic Pain Management
44. Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation
45. Medical Direction in the Operating Room
46. Awareness under Anesthesia
47. Quality and Patient Safety
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >