Basics of Solid and Hazardous Waste Management Technology / Edition 1by Kanti L. Shah
Pub. Date: 11/11/1999
Publisher: Prentice Hall
This easy-to-read and pragmatic book offers a systematic treatment of solid and hazardous waste management technology. Encouraging self-learning, with a focus on current technical and scientific fundamentals, it covers all the basic concepts and tools needed for making decisions. Chapter topics include environmental legislation and regulations;/b>/b>… See more details below
This easy-to-read and pragmatic book offers a systematic treatment of solid and hazardous waste management technology. Encouraging self-learning, with a focus on current technical and scientific fundamentals, it covers all the basic concepts and tools needed for making decisions. Chapter topics include environmental legislation and regulations; sources; composition and characteristics; physical, chemical, and biological properties; storage, collection and transportation; processing technologies; source reduction and reuse; disposal; and management and control of landfill leachate and gas. For civil engineers and scientists facing a first time involvement in any aspect of solid and hazardous waste management, this book will be a valuable reference.
- Prentice Hall
- Publication date:
- Edition description:
- New Edition
- Sales rank:
- Product dimensions:
- 7.20(w) x 8.80(h) x 1.10(d)
Table of Contents
1. Basic Concepts.
2. Factors Affecting Municipal Waste Management Decision-Making.
3. Engineering Calculations.
6. Basic Scientific Concepts of Solild and Hazardous Waste Management.
II. SOLID WASTE MANAGEMENT TECHNOLOGY.
8. Environmental Laws and Regulations.
9. Environmental Effects and Public Health Aspects.
10. Sources, Composition, and Characteristics of Solid Waste.
11. Physical, Chemical, and Biological Properties of Municipal Solid Waste.
12. Storage, Collection, and Transportation of Solid Waste.
13. Solid Waste Basic Processing Technologies.
14. Source Reduction, Reuse, Recycling, and Recovery of Municipal Solid Waste.
15. Disposal of Solid Waste and Residual Matter in Landfills.
16. Management and Control of Landfill Leachate and Gases.
III. HAZARDOUS WASTE MANAGEMENT TECHNOLOGY.
17. Characteristics of Hazardous Waste.
18. Transportation of Hazardous Waste.
19. Hazardous Waste Minimization and Environmental Audits.
20. Hazardous Waste Treatment, Storage, and Disposal.
21. Site Remediation.
Appendix A: Interest Tables.
Appendix B: Useful Conversion Factors.
Appendix C: Saturation Values of Dissolved Oxygen in Water at Various Temperatures.
Appendix D: Soil Moisture Retention for Various Amounts of Potential Evapotranspiration for a Root Zone Water-Holding Capacity of 4 Inches.
Appendix E: Glossary.
Appendix F: For Further Information.
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >