Basin Analysis is an up-to-date overview of the essential processes of the formation and evolution of sedimentary basins, and their implications for the development of hydrocarbon resources. The new edition features:
- A consideration of the fundamental physical state of the lithosphere.
- A discussion on the major types of lithospheric deformation relevant to basin development – stretching and flexure.
- A new chapter on the effects of mantle dynamics.
- Radically revised chapters on the basin-fill.
- A new chapter on the erosional engine for sediment delivery to basins, reflecting the massive and exciting advances in this area in the last decade.
- Expansion of the techniques used in approaching problems in basin analysis.
- Updated chapters on subsidence analysis and measurements of thermal maturity of organic and non-organic components of the basin-fill.
- New material on thermochronological and exposure dating tools.
- Inclusion of the important petroleum system concept in the updated section on the application to the petroleum play.
Visit: www.blackwellpublishing.com/allen for practical exercises related to problems in Basin Analysis 2e. To run the programs you will need a copy of Matlab 6 or 7.
An Instructor manual CD-ROM for this title is available. Please contact our Higher Education team at HigherEducation@wiley.com for more information.