Batter up Kids Sensational Snacksby Barbara Beery
New from the premier children's cooking school, it's Batter Up Kids: Sensational Snacks! Barbara Beery is an expert when it comes to getting kids interested in cooking and food, and with today's epidemic of overweight and obese children, what could be better than twenty-five fun and easy recipes that get kids in the kitchen and teach them that eating healthy… See more details below
- Checkmark Kids' Club Eligible Shop Now
New from the premier children's cooking school, it's Batter Up Kids: Sensational Snacks! Barbara Beery is an expert when it comes to getting kids interested in cooking and food, and with today's epidemic of overweight and obese children, what could be better than twenty-five fun and easy recipes that get kids in the kitchen and teach them that eating healthy food in can still be fun!
Fruits, vegetables, and whole grains take center stage in these recipes. From Star Shine Strawberry Muffins to Chop-Chop Salsa, there are treats to please every palate! Who can resist Tutti Fruity Popcorn Balls or Pocket Pizza? These snacks are designed to be easy enough for kids to make (with help from Mom and Dad when needed, of course), and tempting enough to get kids to eat healthy. Toss out the processed, salty, preservative-packed stuff, and get kids active in their own eating with Batter Up Kids: Sensational Snacks.
With full-color illustrations and step-by-step instructions throughout, Batter Up Kids: Sensational Snacks will show kids that healthy food can taste greatand be fun to make!
Barbara Beery is the founder and owner of Batter Up Kids, a premier children's cooking school based in Austin, Texas. She teaches cooking classes, hosts birthday parties, and helps children get hands-on with good, healthy food. Barbara received her bachelor's degree in elementary education from the University of Texas. She is also the author of Batter Up Kids: Delicious Desserts.
- Smith, Gibbs Publisher
- Publication date:
- Edition description:
- Spiral, Book & Apron
- Product dimensions:
- 7.62(w) x 9.62(h) x 0.88(d)
- Age Range:
- 7 - 10 Years
Read an Excerpt
Star Shine Strawberry Muffins
Makes 12 muffins
1 cup all-purpose flour
3/4 cup cornmeal
1/2 cup light brown or turbinado sugar
2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
1 8-ounce container low fat strawberry yogurt
1/4 cup melted butter
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 cups chopped fresh strawberries
8 strawberries sliced into thin strips (optional garnish)
Let's Get Cooking!
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Place muffin pan filled with paper muffin cup liners on a sheet pan.
3. In a large bowl, whisk together flour, cornmeal, sugar, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon.
4. Add yogurt, melted butter, egg, and vanilla. Mix well with a wooden spoon, making sure to incorporate all of the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients. Fold in chopped strawberries and spoon batter equally between 12 muffin cups, filling each cup about 3/4 full.
5. If using garnish, place 5 strawberry strips on top of each muffin to form a star shape.
6. Place sheet pan in oven and bake for about 25 minutes or until light golden brown. Remove pan from oven and cool for 5 minutes before removing muffins from tin.
Serve with honey butter.
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >