- Shopping Bag ( 0 items )
Ships from: Ypsilanti, MI
Usually ships in 1-2 business days
"A valuable contribution to the growing literature of medical culture."—Gerald Weissman, New York Univ. Medical Center.
"...'the most important book on medical education in 60 years' - Ashley Montague"
1. INTRODUCTION: A Compensatory Pause
2. BASIC CLINICAL SKILLS: The First Encounters
3. EMERGENCY WARD SURGERY: No Man's Land
4. ANESTHESIOLOGY: The Technicians of Sleep
5. WARD SURGERY: Crossing the Boundary
6. NEUROSURGERY AND NEUROLOGY: Lesions of the Soul
7. PSYCHIATRY: The Mind-Body Problem
8. PEDIATRICS: Suffer the Children
9. OBSTETRICS: The Anatomical Volcano
10. GYNECOLOGY: The Machinery of Creation
11. PATHOLOGY: The Aspect of Death
12. MEDICINE I: A Failure of the Heart
13. MEDICINE II: Deathwatches
14. MEDICINE III: Healing and Hope
15. THE FOURTH YEAR: Highlights and Heroes
16. CONCLUSION: Healing Artisans
A Glossary of House Officer Slang
Posted September 2, 2005
I'm a high school student and I've always had an interest in medicine...this book not only opened my minds, but made me more determined to complete medical school and become one of those 'rare' doctors that cares! Must read for anyone would has an interest in MedicineWas this review helpful? Yes NoThank you for your feedback. Report this reviewThank you, this review has been flagged.
Posted February 17, 2003
Posted January 5, 2003
Posted August 31, 2001
I am a registered nurse and am taking premed courses for medical school. I can definitely understand some of Dr. Konner's comments and thoughts, being in the profession for 11 years now. Bedside manner is imperative no matter how good of a doctor you are. I always treat my patients as if they were one of my parents/children. I enjoyed 'going through' his rotations with him as I am interested in the residency years of medical school. I would recommend it to anyone who wants to become a doctor or who is just interested in it. :)Was this review helpful? Yes NoThank you for your feedback. Report this reviewThank you, this review has been flagged.