Becoming a New Manager: Expert Solutions to Everyday Challengesby Harvard Business School Press
This book helps you lay the foundation for succeeding in your new
- LendMe LendMe™ Learn More
You've just been promoted to a managerial position for the first time -- congratulations! But beware: the managerial role differs markedly from the individual contributor role. Go into the job with mistaken assumptions about what to expect, and you just may be blindsided by surprising realities.
This book helps you lay the foundation for succeeding in your new role, explaining how to:
· Discard the "doer" role of the individual contributor for the orchestrating role of the manager
· Adjust your leadership style to maximize your team's performance
· Balance conflicting expectations from your boss, peers, and direct reports
· Deal productively with the stresses and new emotions that come with being a manager
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews
I am so impressed with this pocket mentor. Whether you are a leader/manager for the first time or established in your organization, this pocket mentor reminds us of the necessary approach as well as provides the tools to get us through! I am excited to recommend this book as a quick and easy read to bring us back to the basics of leading our people! Although it speaks to managing an established team, those who are strong contributors on a team would truly pick up tips that could lead them to a leadership position. The concepts concentrate in knowing your people. What a great read!