Becoming a "Wiz" at Brain-Based Teaching: How to Make Every Year Your Best Year / Edition 2by Marilee B. Sprenger
With Wizard of Oz metaphors and new graphic organizers, illustrations, and sidebars,this revision helps teachers translate current research on learning, memory, and the brain into effective classroom practice.See more details below
With Wizard of Oz metaphors and new graphic organizers, illustrations, and sidebars,this revision helps teachers translate current research on learning, memory, and the brain into effective classroom practice.
- SAGE Publications
- Publication date:
- Edition description:
- Second Edition
- Product dimensions:
- 6.90(w) x 9.90(h) x 0.60(d)
Table of Contents
Acknowledgments About the Author Introduction
1. The Journey: The Brain Goes to School The Questions and the Research Connecting the Information
2. Building the Yellow Brick Road: Understanding How the Brain Develops and Functions Basic Brain Structure The Building Blocks The Yellow Brick Road Is Paved With Messengers We're Off to Be the Wizard
3. No Place Like Home An Emotional Learning Environment What Are Enriched Environments?
Can We Provide an Enriched Environment in the Classroom?
An Environment Where Assessment Is Enrichment Brain-Based Assessment Home Sweet Home
4. If I Only Had the Nerve: Dealing With Stress The Sympathetic Nervous System Looking for Balance: The Parasympathetic Nervous System Giving Them Courage
5. If I Only Had a Heart: Emotional Growth Heartbreak: The Lack of Social and Emotional Stimulation Creating Heart: A Look at Emotional Intelligence Heart-to-Heart Straight From the Heart: Social and Emotional Intelligence Strategies You Gotta Have Heart, But What About Guts?
6. If I Only Had a Brain: From Sensory Input to Higher Levels of Thinking Cognitive Skills Promoting Cognitive Growth The Eight Intelligences Brains, Bloom, Intelligence, and Style Learning Profiles
7. If I Only Had a Memory: Improving Memory to Raise Student Achievement Memory Development Memory Principles Explicit and Implicit Memory Memory Lanes = Memory Systems Metacognition Step by Step; System by System Kansas Is Right Down Memory Lane
8. The Wicked Witch: What Is She So Upset About? Calming and Controlling the Classroom My Theory of Negative Replacement Emotions, Attention, and Learning Brain States Music Managing Movement The Wicked Witch Is Dead
9. Dorothy: Every Brain Is Unique The Care and Feeding of Dorothy's Brain Sleep and the Brain Exercise Unique Brains, Unique Learners Making a Difference
10. Leaving the Land of Oz: With Courage, Passion, and Brains Glossary of Terms References and Supplementary Reading Index
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >