- Shopping Bag ( 0 items )
This user-friendly guide effectively discusses expert findings about brain growth, structure, and functions to help teachers and administrators foster a love of learning in all students.
About the Author
1. The Journey: The Brain Goes to School
2. Following the Yellow Brick Road: Understanding Brain Structure and Function
Basic Brain Structure
The Road Home
3. If I Only Had the Nerve: Dealing With Stress
The Lion's Not Lying
Giving Them Courage
4. If I Only Had a Heart: Emotional Growth
Heartbreak: The Lack of Social and Emotional Stimulation
Creating Heart: A Look at Emotional Intelligence
Straight from the Heart: Social and Emotional Growth Strategies
5. If I Only Had a Brain: Complex Cognitive Skills
Promoting Cognitive Growth
The Eight Intelligences
6. Which Witch Is Which? Calming and Controlling the Classroom
My Theory of Negative Replacement
Emotions, Attentions, and Learning
The Wicked Witch Is Dead
7. Dorothy: Teaching Different Brains
The Care and Feeding of Dorothy's Brain
Unique Brains, Unique Learners
Making a Difference
8. No Place Like Home: The Learning Environment
What Are Enriched Environments?
Can We Provide an Enriched Environment in the Classroom?
Enrichment and Assessment: Are They Compatible?
Home Away From Home
Glossary of Terms
References and Supplementary Reading