Becoming an Electronic Technician: Securing Your High-Tech Future / Edition 3by Ronald A. Reis
Pub. Date: 06/14/1999
Publisher: Prentice Hall Professional Technical Reference
This easy to read and comprehensive guide to the electronics industry gives readers and aspiring technicians a look at the preparation needed to play a role in this exciting field. It also focuses on the strength and diversity of the industry, the people who populate it, their occupations, and careers. Furthermore, through material on A+ certification and job… See more details below
This easy to read and comprehensive guide to the electronics industry gives readers and aspiring technicians a look at the preparation needed to play a role in this exciting field. It also focuses on the strength and diversity of the industry, the people who populate it, their occupations, and careers. Furthermore, through material on A+ certification and job searching via the Internet, this handbook details how to find, get, and keep a first job in the electronics field. Coverage on components, breadboards, and test equipment allows readers to gain hands-on experience, and "make like" an electronics technician. For anyone who wants to know what it means to be an electronic technician, and what it takes to succeed as one. This book offers encouragement and support to those who want to become part of an exciting future in the electronics world.
- Prentice Hall Professional Technical Reference
- Publication date:
- Edition description:
- Older Edition
- Product dimensions:
- 6.04(w) x 9.04(h) x 0.60(d)
Table of Contents
I. BEING AN ELECTRONICS TECHNICIAN.
2. Electronics: Field of Dreams.
3. The Electronics Technician: Bringing Electronics to Life.
4. Electronics Technician Profiles: Meet Ron, Kay, Gideon, and Eric.
II. BECOMING AN ELECTRONICS TECHNICIAN.
6. Succeeding as an Electronics Student: Making the Most of Your School Day.
7. Being an "Electronics Activist": Electronics Beyond the Classroom.
8. Launching Your Career as an Electronics Technician: Finding, Getting, and Keeping Your First Position.
III. "MAKING LIKE" AN ELECTRONICS TECHNICIAN.
10. Creating Troubleshooting Trees: Your Key to Circuit Understanding and Repair.
11. Transducers: The Ins and Outs of Electronic Circuits.
12. A Short Course on Active Solid-State Components: The Big Half-Dozen.
13. Electronics Safety: Where the Danger Lies.
14. Getting Started with SMT: Surface Mount Technology for the Electronics Experimenter.
15. Useful Electronic Projects You Can Build.
Appendix 1: Electronic Kit and Part Sources.
Appendix 2: The Big Three Electronics Magazines.
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >