Becoming Qualitative Researchers: An Introduction / Edition 1by Corrine Glesne, Alan Peshkin
Pub. Date: 02/28/1992
Publisher: Allyn & Bacon, Inc.
Offering a comprehensive overview of qualitative research in a user-friendly format, this book provides an excellent harmony between qualitative theory and the practicalities of actually conducting qualitative research. Exercises offer beginning students the opportunity to explore issues inherent in conducting qualitative inquiry as well as to practice and refine the skills of qualitative researchers. The wealth of examples and exercises in the text is exceptional, as is the writing style.
- Allyn & Bacon, Inc.
- Publication date:
- Edition description:
- Older Edition
- Product dimensions:
- 6.27(w) x 9.13(h) x 0.45(d)
Table of Contents
Introduction: A Sense of Things to Come.
1. Meeting Qualitative Inquiry.
2. Pre-study Tasks: Doing What is Good For You.
3. Being There: Developing Understanding Through Participant Observation.
4. Making Words Fly: Developing Understanding Through Interviewing.
5. The Personal Dimension: Rapport and Subjectivity.
6. But is it Ethical? Learning to do Right.
7. Finding Your Story: Data Analysis.
8. Writing Your Story: What Your Data Say.
9. Improvising a Song of the World: Language and Representation.
10. The Continuing Odyssey.
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >