Becoming Vegetarian A comprehensive guide to achieving a healthy vegetarian lifestyle, by Canada's foremost vegetarian dietitians.
Explore the pleasures of Becoming Vegetarian. Here's what's inside:
- authoritative vegetarian and vegan nutrition for everyone from infants to adults
- delicious, easy recipes complete with nutritional analysis
- helpful guidelines and tips for those who are just starting out, as well as for those who are already on their way to healthy vegetarianism
- vegetarian food guide for optiman nutrition and easy meal planning
- vegetarian diplomacy: how to deal effectively with difficult social situations, and learning to help others adapt to your new health-style
The evidence is in: by the millions peopel are moving towards vegetarianism because it offers a healthy and environmentatlly sound alternative to the standard Western diet. But how do you become vegetarian without alienating your friends and family? Is it possible to feed your infant a vegetarian diet safely? What about calcium deficiency and vitamin B12? All of these questions and many more are answered in Becoming Vegetarian.
Comprehensive and up-to-the-minute, this book will be your best companion as you make your start to become a healthy vegetarian.