Beeton's Book of Needlework : Book II (Illustrated)by Isabella Beeton
• The Art of Needlework dates from the earliest record of the world's history, and has, also, from time immemorial been the support, comfort, or employment of women of every rank and age. Day by day, it
- LendMe LendMe™ Learn More
• The book is an edited and illustrated version of the original one and includes 18 or more unique illustrations which are relevant to its content.
• The Art of Needlework dates from the earliest record of the world's history, and has, also, from time immemorial been the support, comfort, or employment of women of every rank and age. Day by day, it increases its votaries, who enlarge and develop its various branches, so that any addition and assistance in teaching or learning Needlework will be welcomed by the Daughters of England, "wise of heart," who work diligently with their hands. INSTRUCTIONS in TATTING, in EMBROIDERY, in CROCHET, in KNITTING and NETTING, in BERLIN WOOL WORK, in POINT LACE, and GUIPURE D'ART are prefixed to the pages devoted to these separate branches of needlework. The whole work is interspersed with coloured and other Patterns in Point Lace, Guipure d'Art, Tatting, Embroidery, and Designs for Monograms and Initials for marking handkerchiefs and table-linen. The quantity of materials required for each class of work is also given with every pattern.
- Five Star Publishing, LLC
- Publication date:
- Sold by:
- Barnes & Noble
- NOOK Book
- Sales rank:
- File size:
- 18 MB
- This product may take a few minutes to download.
Meet the Author
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >
Lots of detailed info, and illustrations. Old but interesting. Some diagrams are not very clear, most are. Book ll & Book l.