Before We Are Born: Essentials of Embryology and Birth Defects / Edition 6by Keith L. Moore, T.V.N. Persaud, T. V. Persaud, Persaud T. V. N.
Pub. Date: 01/25/2003
Publisher: Elsevier Health Sciences
This highly successful resource distills all of the most essential information of human embryology and teratology from THE DEVELOPING HUMAN: CLINICALLY ORIENTED EMBRYOLOGY, 7th Edition presenting the crucial clinical and scientific concepts in an easy-to-use format. Completely revised and updated, the 6th Edition emphasizes the clinical aspects/b>… See more details below
This highly successful resource distills all of the most essential information of human embryology and teratology from THE DEVELOPING HUMAN: CLINICALLY ORIENTED EMBRYOLOGY, 7th Edition presenting the crucial clinical and scientific concepts in an easy-to-use format. Completely revised and updated, the 6th Edition emphasizes the clinical aspects throughout by using clinical correlations as well as hundreds of outstanding illustrations.
• Incorporates the molecular aspects of embryonic development, including information on stem cells · homeobox genes · gamete formation · regulation control and the molecules/receptors involved · gene activity and expression · and more.
• Includes illustrations of new diagnostic procedures, including sonographs, MRIs, electron micrographs, 3D images, and clinical photographs.
• Presents completely revised and updated Clinically Oriented Questions and Answers based on the current requirements of the USMLE Step 1.
• Offers reader-friendly features including brief explanations of clinical terms · clinical applications boxes · timetables for critical periods in prenatal development · and end-of-chapter summaries-enabling readers to quickly zero in on essential information.
- Elsevier Health Sciences
- Publication date:
- Edition description:
- Sixth Edition
- Product dimensions:
- 8.02(w) x 10.20(h) x 0.75(d)
Table of Contents
1. Introduction to Human Embryology
2. Human Reproduction
3. The First Week of Human Development
4. The Second Week of Human Development
5. The Third Week of Human Development
6. Organogenetic Period: The Fourth to Eighth Weeks of Human Development
7. Fetal Period: Ninth Week to Birth
8. Placenta and Fetal Membranes
9. Human Birth Defects
10. Body Cavities, Mesenteries, and Diaphragm
11. The Pharyngeal (Branchial) Apparatus
12. The Respiratory System
13. The Digestive System
14. The Urogenital System
15. The Cardiovascular System
16. The Skeletal System
17. The Muscular System
18. The Limbs
19. The Nervous System
20. The Eye and Ear
21. The Integumentary System
22. Answers to Clinically Oriented Questions
References and Suggested Reading
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >