Before We Are Born: Essentials of Embryology and Birth Defects With STUDENT CONSULT Online Access / Edition 8by Keith L. Moore
Pub. Date: 01/11/2012
Publisher: Elsevier Health Sciences
Before We Are Born: Essentials of Embryology and Birth Defects, by Drs. Keith L. Moore, T.V.N. Persaud, and Mark G. Torchia, allows you to efficiently and quickly assimilate the most important concepts related to this subject. Concise and richly illustrated, this popular book delivers the embryology knowledge you need in a highly efficient, reader-friendly… See more details below
Before We Are Born: Essentials of Embryology and Birth Defects, by Drs. Keith L. Moore, T.V.N. Persaud, and Mark G. Torchia, allows you to efficiently and quickly assimilate the most important concepts related to this subject. Concise and richly illustrated, this popular book delivers the embryology knowledge you need in a highly efficient, reader-friendly manner. You can also access the complete contents online at www.studentconsult.com, along with 17 remarkable animations, downloadable illustrations, additional review questions and answers, and more.
• Access the full contents of the book online at www.studentconsult.com - as well as 17 remarkable animations that bring normal and abnormal embryological development to life, and hundreds of additional review questions and answers to test your mastery of the material.
• Focus on the most need-to-know information with coverage masterfully distilled from The Developing Human, 8th Edition - the more comprehensive and in-depth embryology textbook by Drs. Moore, Persaud, and Torchia.
• Study efficiently and flexibly thanks to the book’s user-friendly full-color format and portable size.
• Effectively prepare for exams with review questions and answers at the end of each chapter.
• Understand all of the latest advances in embryology, including normal and abnormal embryogenesis, causes of birth defects, and the role of genes in human development.
• See how discoveries in molecular biology have affected clinical practice, including the development of sophisticated new techniques such as recumbent DNA technology and stem cell manipulation.
• Prepare for the USMLE Step 1 with clinical case presentations, highlighted in special boxes, that demonstrate how embryology concepts relate to clinical practice.
- Elsevier Health Sciences
- Publication date:
- Edition description:
- Older Edition
- Product dimensions:
- 8.40(w) x 10.80(h) x 0.50(d)
Table of Contents
1 INTRODUCTION TO HUMAN DEVELOPMENT
2 HUMAN REPRODUCTION
3 FIRST WEEK OF DEVELOPMENT
4 SECOND WEEK OF DEVELOPMENT
5 THIRD WEEK OF DEVELOPMENT
6 DEVELOPMENT DURING WEEKS FOUR TO EIGHT
7 FETAL PERIOD: THE NINTH WEEK TO BIRTH
8 PLACENTA AND FETAL MEMBRANES
9 BODY CAVITIES, MESENTERIES, AND DIAPHRAGM
10 PHARYNGEAL APPARRATUS
11 RESPIRATORY SYSTEM
12 ALIMENTARY SYSTEM
13 UROGENITAL SYSTEM
14 CARDIOVASCULAR SYSTEM
15 MUSCULOSKELETAL SYSTEM
16 NERVOUS SYSTEM
17 EYES AND EARS
18 INTEGUMENTARY SYSTEM
19 HUMAN BIRTH DEFECTS
20 THE CELLULAR AND MOLECULAR BASIS OF DEVELOPMENT
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >