Todd Tomlinson is a seasoned IT executive with 36 years of experience crossing multiple continents and technologies. He is a former Senior Director of EBusiness Strategy for Oracle Corporation, Senior Manager with Andersen Consulting (now Accenture), Practice Director for IBM, Vice President for Claremont Technology Group,co-Founder-Vice President-and CTO of Emerald Solutions, Senior Managing Partner for CNF Ventures, Vice President of the Drupal Consulting Practice at ServerLogic. Todd is currently the Senior Enterprise Drupal Architect for Unicon. Todd's passion for the web began in 1987 when he worked for the National Science Foundation at Carnegie-Mellon University in Pittsburgh(Pittsburgh Supercomputing Center) - and expanded when he helped Netscape Communication deploy their server platforms around the world in 1995-1996. He started using Drupal as a mechanism to teach advanced web design and development at the University of Phoenix, where he was the area chair and lead faculty member in the School of Business and Information Technology. He has helped many of the worlds largest organizations refocus their business around the web. He is the author of Pro Drupal 7 Development, Beginning Drupal 7, and Beginning Drupal 8 (Apress Publishing).
Beginning Drupal 7 / Edition 1by Todd Tomlinson
This book focuses on the nontechnical user who is responsible for building, maintaining, and managing Drupal web sites. The book covers why you should consider using Drupal when building a new web site, what Drupal is, installing and configuring Drupal, creating and managing content, managing users, adding functionality to your web site through Drupal modules, and… See more details below
This book focuses on the nontechnical user who is responsible for building, maintaining, and managing Drupal web sites. The book covers why you should consider using Drupal when building a new web site, what Drupal is, installing and configuring Drupal, creating and managing content, managing users, adding functionality to your web site through Drupal modules, and more advanced topics on using themes, panels, and views. By reading this book, you will:
- Understand why you should use Drupal and the power of the platform.
- Quickly build confidence in your ability to use Drupal.
- Gain the knowledge necessary to build, deploy, and manage web sites of moderate complexity on Drupal 7.
What you’ll learn
- What Drupal is and why you should use it
- How to install a basic Drupal web site from scratch
- How to create content in your new Drupal web site
- How to manage users on your new Drupal web site
- How to change the look and feel of your new Drupal web site through themes
- How to install and configure modules
Who this book is for
This book is for nontechnical users who need to use Drupal to manage content, as well as PHP developers who are new to Drupal.
Table of Contents
- Introduction to Drupal
- Creating and Managing Content
- Creating and Managing Users
- Creating Menus
- Installing Themes
- Drupal Blocks
- Drupal Modules
- Enabling Interactive Capabilities
- Content Types
- Administering Your Drupal Site
- Putting It All Together
- Case Study
- Publication date:
- Edition description:
- Sales rank:
- Product dimensions:
- 7.50(w) x 9.20(h) x 1.00(d)
Meet the Author
More from this Author
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >