Wayne Graham is the head of research and development in the Department of Digital Research and Scholarship at the University of Virginia Libraries (a.k.a. Scholars Lab), and is passionate about open source, web application technologies, and their application to research in the humanities. Social media, including Facebook, are driving today's fastest innovations.
Beginning Facebook Game Apps Developmentby Wayne Graham
Beginning Facebook Game Apps Development gets you/em>/p>
Beginning Facebook Game Apps Development gets you started with building your first game apps that run on Facebook. Become your own "Zynga" and create your own "Civilization" or "Farmville" and more. Build rich Web-based apps that you can sell on Facebook's App Store.
Because these apps are built on Web standards, you can build and run on many browsers andmore interestinglymore computers, tablets, smartphones and even other devices and appliances that are Web-connected or enabled.What youll learn
- Build your first Facebook game apps!
- Enhance your first Facebook game app with social media, location-based services, etc.
- Obtain a basic framework for a Facebook game app that you can build upon and customize for your own specific app design and development needs
- Package, deploy and sell your first Facebook game app on Facebook's new App Store
For the latest source code, please check out the book site on GitHub.
Table of Contents
- Your First Steps in Facebook Development
- Its All About Context: Canvas Basics
- The Plan: Idea to Design
- Essential Game Components
- Your First Game: "Alien Turtle Invasion"
- Going Social With Games
- Introducing the Facebook Platform
- Facebook Developer Tools
- Launching Your Games
- Your First Facebook Game: "Social Alien Turtle Invasion"
- HTML5 Game Engines
- Using All the Tools: Your Future Facebook Games
- The Marketplace: Project Spartan (Facebook App Store)
- Publication date:
- Sold by:
- Barnes & Noble
- NOOK Book
- File size:
- 10 MB
Meet the Author
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews
Ya or not