Beginning PivotTables in Excel 2007 explains what PivotTables are, how you can benefit from using them, how to create them and modify them, and how to use their enhanced features. Using a Pivot Table in Microsoft Office Excel 2007 is a quick and exciting way to slice and dice a large amount of data.
- Carefully explains the benefits of using Pivot Tables for fast data analysis
- Provides a step-by-step approach to those new to Pivot Tables
- Offers tips and tricks that cannot be found elsewhere
What youll learn
- Summarize thousands of records in a PivotTable with a few clicks of the mouse
- Quickly change the PivotTable layout to view a different summary of the data
- Filter a PivotTable to focus on one region or the top 10 products
- Add colors or icons to highlight the high or low results
- Use calculations to enhance the PivotTable summaries
- Create visual impact with a pivot chart
Who this book is for
This book is for Excel users who want to learn about PivotTables. If you work with financial data, logistics records, sales orders, customer service reports, web site statistics, resource tracking, event planning, or any other set of records, a PivotTable can help you review, analyze, monitor, and report on the data. When your reporting requirements change, you can make minor adjustments to the PivotTable, instead of starting a worksheet summary from scratch.