Beginning SharePoint 2007 Administration: Windows SharePoint Services 3 and Microsoft Office SharePoint Server 2007by Goran Husman
With this practical guide, you'll quickly learn how to build SharePoint 2007 sites that meet your business needs. SharePoint MVP (Microsoft Most Valuable Professional) Göran Husman walks you through everything from planning and installation to configuration and administration so you can begin developing a production environment. He also shows you how to take… See more details below
With this practical guide, you'll quickly learn how to build SharePoint 2007 sites that meet your business needs. SharePoint MVP (Microsoft Most Valuable Professional) Göran Husman walks you through everything from planning and installation to configuration and administration so you can begin developing a production environment. He also shows you how to take advantage of numerous SharePoint features that will dramatically enhance your sites.
You'll find practical and easy-to-follow steps throughout this book that will enable you to customize templates for SharePoint, build your own Site Definition, and utilize SharePoint Designer. Typical scenarios and tasks that you'll most likely encounter along the way are also presented, such as configuring an intranet, setting up document management, and managing projects. And you'll discover how to use smart add-ons and utilities in order to improve navigation, integrate with other systems, design workflow solutions, and more.
What you will learn from this book
- How to install Windows SharePoint Services 3.0 or SharePoint Server 2007 and configure specific features
- A practical way of building an intranet with either WSS 3.0 or MOSS 2007
- Advanced administration techniques for the MOSS environment
- Tips on how to use SharePoint with Microsoft Office for better file and document management
- Steps for customizing SharePoint sites and extending their functionality using SharePoint Designer
- How to make backups and do restores of your SharePoint environment
Who this book is for
This book is for the beginning SharePoint administrator and for the administrator who has been working with SharePoint for some time but wants to know more about how it works.
Enhance Your Knowledge
Advance Your Career
Wrox Beginning guides are crafted to make learning programming languages and technologies easier than you think; providing a structured, tutorial format that will guide you through all the techniques involved.
- Publication date:
- Product dimensions:
- 7.36(w) x 10.88(h) x 1.28(d)
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >