Bjoern H Rapp is a SharePoint architect/enthusiast and professional .NET developer based in Oslo, Norway. His passion for programming dates back to the release of Windows 95 and the first books from Charles Petzold. He has been active with SharePoint as an administrator, developer , teacher, and speaker, both professionally and in the community, since the initial release of Microsoft Office SharePoint Server (MOSS) 2007.
Beginning SharePoint 2013 Workflowsby Bjoern H. Rapp
Beginning SharePoint 2013 Workflows is a practically-oriented book about building effective workflows in SharePoint 2013. Workflows are process flows that use pre-defined common activities executed as a process on a SharePoint server. Workflows serve in any situation requiring steps to be taken in a precise, controlled order, with forks and variables/em>… See more details below
Beginning SharePoint 2013 Workflows is a practically-oriented book about building effective workflows in SharePoint 2013. Workflows are process flows that use pre-defined common activities executed as a process on a SharePoint server. Workflows serve in any situation requiring steps to be taken in a precise, controlled order, with forks and variables and other options for customization.
Workflows in SharePoint 2013 have been redesigned from the ground up and are immensely more powerful than theworkflow features found in previous versions of SharePoint, 2007 and 2010.The latest version brings a brand-new infrastructure together with fully-declarative authoring environment that is finally ready for prime time. You cannot afford to be unaware of what SharePoint 2013 brings to workflow management.
Author Bjoern Rapp covers everything from fundamentals to advanced topics. For readers with no programming experience, learn to build workflows by dragging and dropping. Yes, that’s rightno code! SharePoint 2013 provides a comprehensive set of predefined actions, but you’re not limited in any way.
But for intermediate users and and programmers, you still have access to the sophisticated functionality needed tocustomize your workflows with customcode.Now your workflows can reflect reality, complete with all the iteration and decision points needed to reflect how your business really and truly operates.
Beginning SharePoint 2013 Workflows shows how to create custom actions of your own. Also in this book you’ll learn about support for Workflows in Visual Studio, about the introduction of Windows Azure as the new workflow execution host, how the messaging is implemented through Windows Communication Foundation, and much more. No SharePoint developer can afford to be without Beginning SharePoint 2013 Workflows and the knowledge it unlocks.
- Covers creation of advanced workflows using both code-based and no code solutions
- Illustrates exciting new features such as Visual Designer and the new support for loops
- Provides examples of full-blown Workflow solutions and Workflow management apps using SharePoint Designer 2013 and Visual Studio 2012
What you’ll learn
- Learn everything you need to know about then Workflow Manager Service and the Windows Azure Execution Host
- Create and implement out of the box workflows using the SharePoint 2013 user interface and built-in workflow form templates
- Build advanced no-code workflows for SharePoint 2013 and Project Server 2013
- Use the Workflow Object Model to implement workflow management functions in SharePoint 2013 Apps
- Develop full code-based workflow solutions utilizing the powers of .NET and Visual Studio 2012
- Learn how to manage and monitor workflows using PowerShell
- Discover SharePoint Designer 2013's powerful workflow design features
Who this book is for
Beginning SharePoint 2013 Workflows is aimed at both intermediate to advanced SharePoint users (for no code solutions) and developers (for custom code solutions)looking for expert guidance on designing and developing workflows for the SharePoint 2013 platform. Some of the exercises are based on code samples written in C#, and users with basic knowledge of the language and familiarity with the Visual Studio 2012 IDE will benefit most from the code-based chapters.
- Publication date:
- Edition description:
- Product dimensions:
- 7.50(w) x 9.25(h) x (d)
Meet the Author
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >