- Shopping Bag ( 0 items )
Ships from: Toledo, OH
Usually ships in 1-2 business days
Many preteens live a double life. They don't want to be treated like little kids, but they often act like them. One moment they come through with a task given to them by their parents, and the next they are grounded for lying about a school problem. Preteens want to be independent-but they often display their immaturity.
Preteens need guidance on developing responsibility-to themselves, parents, God, and the world they live in. The series of studies in Being Responsible will help preteens explore Bible characters and principles to help them learn to be more responsible.
The first two studies focus on personal responsibility. The first study explores Bible characters who sometimes acted irresponsibly, and has students rate their own levels of responsibility. The second study explores how preteens can gain more independence when they learn to trust God and their parents.
Expanding beyond personal responsibility, the third study looks at the problem of hunger and poverty, challenging preteens to display hearts of compassion. The final study explores the responsibility of caring for God's creation. They will examine God's charge and explore practical ways to be responsible to the world and the resources in it.
About Faith 4 Life: Preteen Bible Study Series
The Faith 4 Life: Preteen Bible Study Series helps preteens take a Bible-based approach to faith and life issues. Each book in the series contains these important elements:
• Life application of Bible truth-Faith 4 Life studies help preteens understand what the Bible says, and then apply that truth to their lives.
• A relevant topic-Each Faith 4 Life book focuses on one main topic, with four studies to give your students a thorough understanding of how the Bible relates to that topic.
• One point-Each study makes one point, centering on that one theme to make sure students really understand the important truth it conveys. This point is stated upfront and throughout the study.
• Simplicity-The studies are easy to use. Each contains a "Before the Study" box that outlines any advance preparation required. Each study also contains a "Study at a Glance" chart so you can quickly and easily see what supplies you'll need and what each study will involve.
• Action and interaction-Each study relies on experiential learning to help students learn what God's Word has to say. Preteens discuss and debrief their experiences in large groups, small groups, and individual reflection.
• Reproducible handouts-Faith 4 Life books include reproducible handouts for students. No need for student books!
• Flexible options-Faith 4 Life preteen studies have two opening and two closing activities. You can choose the options that work best for your students, time frame, or supply needs.
• Follow-up ideas-At the end of each book, you'll find a section called "Changed 4 Life." This provides ideas for following up with your students to make sure the Bible truths stick with them.
Use Faith 4 Life studies to show your preteens how the Bible is relevant to their lives. Help them see that God can invade every area of their lives and change them in ways they can only imagine. Encourage your students to go deeper into faith-faith that will sustain them for life! Faith 4 Life, forever!
Study 1: Developing Responsibility
The Point: God shows us how to be responsible.
Scripture Source: Genesis 3:1-7; 4:3-9; 22:6-13; 1 Kings 17:2-6; Jonah 1:1-3; Luke 22:54-62; Matthew 25:14-30
Study 2: Gaining Independence
The Point: Learning to trust God and your parents helps you gain independence.
Scripture Source: Luke 15:11-21; Galatians 5:13-15; Ephesians 6:1-2
Study 3: Hunger and Poverty
The Point: God wants us to care about those who are hungry and poor.
Scripture Source: Proverbs 19:7; 21:13; 22:16; 22:22; Matthew 25:31-46
Study 4: Caring for God's Creation
The Point: God wants us to care for his creation.
Scripture Source: Genesis 1:1, 28-30; 2:15; Psalm 8
Changed 4 Life
|Study 1||Developing Responsibility: The Point: God shows us how to be responsible. (Scripture Source: Genesis 3:1-7; 4:3-9; 22:6-13; 1 Kings 17:2-6; Jonah 1:1-3; Luke 22:54-62; Matthew 25:14-30)||6|
|Study 2||Gaining Independence: The Point: Learning to trust God and your parents helps you gain independence. (Scripture Source: Luke 15:11-21; Galatians 5:13-15; Ephesians 6:1-2)||15|
|Study 3||Hunger and Poverty: The Point: God wants us to care about those who are hungry and poor. (Scripture Source: Proverbs 19:7; 21:13; 22:16; 22:22; Matthew 25:31-46)||26|
|Study 4||Caring for God's Creation: The Point: God wants us to care for his creation. (Scripture Source: Genesis 1:1, 28-30; 2:15; Psalm 8)||34|
|Changed 4 Life||43|