- Shopping Bag ( 0 items )
An elegant and fascinating companion to, and analysis of, the work of our cleverest Founding Father.
— Atlantic Monthly
Weinberger's book offers a revolutionary reevaluation of Franklin's thought.
Introduction: The Written Word Remains
1. The Autobiography: A Comic Moral Saga?
2. The Autobiography: Or Just a Pack of Lies?
3. The Philosophical Wag
4. Shameless Ben
5. The Metaphysical Follies
6. Dialectics and the Critique of Morality
7. The Political Principles of the Good Life
8. The Political Project of the Good Life
Conclusion: Will the Real Ben Franklin Please Stand Up?