Beowulf Cluster Computing with Windows

Beowulf Cluster Computing with Windows

1.0 1
by Sterling
     
 

Beowulf clusters, which exploit mass-market PC hardware and software in conjunction with cost-effective commercial network technology, are becoming the platform for many scientific, engineering, and commercial applications. With growing popularity has come growing complexity. Addressing that complexity, Beowulf Cluster Computing with Linux and Beowulf Cluster

…  See more details below

Overview

Beowulf clusters, which exploit mass-market PC hardware and software in conjunction with cost-effective commercial network technology, are becoming the platform for many scientific, engineering, and commercial applications. With growing popularity has come growing complexity. Addressing that complexity, Beowulf Cluster Computing with Linux and Beowulf Cluster Computing with Windows provide system users and administrators with the tools they need to run the most advanced Beowulf clusters. The book is appearing in both Linux and Windows versions in order to reach the entire PC cluster community, which is divided into two distinct camps according to the node operating system. Each book consists of three stand-alone parts. The first provides an introduction to the underlying hardware technology, assembly, and configuration. The second part offers a detailed presentation of the major parallel programming librairies. The third, and largest, part describes software infrastructures and tools for managing cluster resources. This includes some of the most popular of the software packages available for distributed task scheduling, as well as tools for monitoring and administering system resources and user accounts.

Approximately 75% of the material in the two books is shared, with the other 25% pertaining to the specific operating system. Most of the chapters include text specific to the operating system. The Linux volume includes a discussion of parallel file systems.

Read More

Product Details

ISBN-13:
9780262692755
Publisher:
MIT Press
Publication date:
10/26/2001
Series:
Scientific and Engineering Computation
Pages:
482
Product dimensions:
8.00(w) x 9.00(h) x 1.00(d)
Age Range:
18 Years

Meet the Author

Thomas Sterling is a Professor of Computer Science at Louisiana State University,a Faculty Associate at California Institute of Technology, and a Distinguished Visiting Scientist at Oak Ridge National Laboratory.

Customer Reviews

Average Review:

Write a Review

and post it to your social network

     

Most Helpful Customer Reviews

See all customer reviews >

Beowulf Cluster Computing with Windows 1 out of 5 based on 0 ratings. 1 reviews.
Guest More than 1 year ago
You cant build beowulf on windows. Just like we thought. This book covers 'clustering' in windows and the famous NLB. All in all... garbage.