Best Golf Course Management Practices / Edition 2by L. B. McCarty
This current, comprehensive book provides up-to-date basic and applied information on new products, grasses, and techniques used to develop best management practices for golf courses. It covers available grasses, their selection and use, soils and soil amendments, pest management and IPM practices, and environmental concerns and strategies. The author and 27… See more details below
This current, comprehensive book provides up-to-date basic and applied information on new products, grasses, and techniques used to develop best management practices for golf courses. It covers available grasses, their selection and use, soils and soil amendments, pest management and IPM practices, and environmental concerns and strategies. The author and 27 acclaimed contributors share their expertise in areas ranging from turfgrass to environmental science.
AN eight-part organization covers best turfgrasses for golf courses, best soil management practices, best golf course construction and establishment practices, best turfgrass fertilization practices, best golf course irrigation practices, best turfgrass management practices, best pest management and control practices, best pesticide and nutrient management and handling practices.
For golf course superintendents, their staff, owners, and club officials.
- Prentice Hall
- Publication date:
- Edition description:
- Product dimensions:
- 8.25(w) x 10.84(h) x 1.72(d)
Table of Contents
I. BEST TURFGRASSES FOR GOLF COURSES.
2. Turfgrass Physiology and Environmental Stress.
II. BEST SOIL MANAGEMENT PRACTICES.
3. Soil Chemical Properties.
4. Soil Mineral Properties and Drainage.
5. Soil Oxygen and Temperature Properties.
6. Soil Organisms.
III. BEST GOLF COURSE CONSTRUCTION AND ESTABLISHMENT PRACTICES.
7. Golf Course Construction and Renovation.
8. Putting Green Construction.
9. Turfgrass Establishment and “Grow-In.
IV. BEST TURFGRASS FERTILIZATION PRACTICES.
10. Plant Nutrition and Turf Fertilizers.
11. Developing Turf Fertilizer Programs.
12. Fertilizer Calculations.
V. BEST GOLF COURSE IRRIGATION PRACTICES.
13. Water Management in Turf.
14. Irrigation Water Quality.
15. Effluent Wastewater Use on Turf.
VI. BEST TURFGRASS MANAGEMENT PRACTICES.
16. Cultural Practices for Golf Courses.
17.Management Practices Affecting Putting Speed.
19. Managing Bentgrass/Poa annua Golf Greens.
20. Managing Bermudagrass Golf Greens.
VII. BEST PEST MANAGEMENT AND CONTROL PRACTICES.
21. Integrated Pest Management.
22. Turfgrass Diseases.
23. Turfgrass Insects.
24. Turfgrass Nematodes.
25. Turfgrass Weeds.
26. Turfgrass Plant Growth Regulators.
VIII. BEST PESTICIDE AND NUTRIENT MANAGEMENT AND HANDLING PRACTICES.
27. Effective, Safe, and Legal Use of Pesticides.
28. Best Golf Course Environmental Protection Strategies.
29. Sprayer and Spreader Calibration.
30. Budgets and Personnel Management.
Appendix A: Stoke's equation for Calculating the Velocity of Falling Particles and Darcy's Equation for Calculating Hydraulic Conductivity.
Appendix B: Calculating Soil Porosity.
Appendix C: Determining Surface Area.
Appendix D: Calibration Formulas and Metric Conversion Tables.
References and Additional Reading.
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >