Best Practices for Mergers and Acquisitions in China, 2011 Ed: Leading Lawyers on Identifying Investment Opportunities, Navigating Compliance Requirements, and Advising Clients on Transactions (Inside the Minds)by Aspatore Books Staff
Best Practices for Mergers and Acquisitions in China provides an authoritative, insider's perspective on key strategies for representing and advising multinational clients involved in M&A deals in China. Featuring partners from some of China's leading law firms, these experts guide the reader through the negotiation process in China when handling mergers and
Best Practices for Mergers and Acquisitions in China provides an authoritative, insider's perspective on key strategies for representing and advising multinational clients involved in M&A deals in China. Featuring partners from some of China's leading law firms, these experts guide the reader through the negotiation process in China when handling mergers and acquisitions for clients. These top lawyers reveal their advice on navigating regulatory developments, managing client expectations, and complying with the local review and approval process. From aligning party interests to confirming an acquisition structure, these authors offer tips on what to consider at each stage of the deal process. These leaders also discuss the incentives of investing in China, particularly in specific industries that are experiencing growth in the current capital market. The different niches represented and the breadth of perspectives presented enable readers to get inside some of the great legal minds of today, as these experienced lawyers offer up their thoughts around the keys to navigating mergers and acquisitions in China.
Inside the Minds provides readers with proven business intelligence from C-Level executives and lawyers (Chairman, CEO, CFO, CMO, Partner) from the world's most respected companies and firms nationwide. Each chapter is comparable to an essay/thought leadership piece and is a future-oriented look at where an industry, profession, or topic is heading and the most important issues for the future. Each author has been selected based upon their experience and C-level standing within the professional community.
1. Thomas Chou, Partner, Hong Kong Office, Morrison & Foerster LLP - "China M&A: A Practitioner's Observations on Market Trends, Regulatory Developments, and Best Practices"
2. Wan Li, Partner and Head of Corporate Practice, Shanghai Representative Office, DLA Piper UK LLP - "Changing M&A Laws in China: Challenges and Strategies for M&A Clients"
3. John J. Maalouf, Senior Partner, Maalouf Ashford & Talbot LLP - "The Impact of New Regulations on Cross-Border M&A Transactions with China"
4. Davis Dequan Wang, Managing Partner of Beijing Office, Simmons & Simmons LLP - "Successfully Navigating the Chinese M&A Process and Rules"
5. Nicolas Groffman, Partner, Beijing Office, Mallesons Stephen Jaques - "Successfully Negotiating and Strategizing a China-Based M&A Deal"
6. Edward E. Lehman, Managing Director, Lehman, Lee & Xu LLP - "The Anti-Monopoly Law and Other New Regulations Impacting Chinese M&A Deals"
Appendix A: Practical Aspects of Joint Ventures in China
Appendix B: China Anti-Monopoly M&A Overview
Appendix C: Summary of Published Rulings by AMB of MOFCOM
Appendix D: China's Decision of the State Council on Reform of the Investment System
Appendix E: Anti-Monopoly Law of the People's Republic of China
- Aspatore Books
- Publication date:
- Product dimensions:
- 5.50(w) x 8.50(h) x 0.70(d)
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >