Best Practices in Educational Interpretingby Brenda Chafin Seal
Pub. Date: 06/12/1997
Publisher: Allyn & Bacon, Inc.
Designed for all who work with the heterogeneous population of students with hearing loss, Best Practices in Educational Interpreting, Second Edition, offers state-of-the-art-and-science information for interpreters in primary through higher education settings. This text is a comprehensive, developmentally organized overview of the process of interpreting in educational settings. Issues and methods are presented from a practical orientation, with representative cases that illustrate the topics. Students learn about the changing needs of the hearing impaired as they move from primary school through college.
New to this Edition:
- New information on language learning from infancy through adulthood, providing readers with a broader scope of knowledge in language learning and the interpreter's role in matching language in the educational setting to the advancing language levels of the consumers (Ch. 3, 4, 5 & 6).
- Up-to-date news on technology in the field, including expectations for cochlear implant students of various ages, explanations of how to use assistive technology, and information on how to incorporate technology into one's professional development as an interpreter.
- Current information on the status of educational interpreting that provides readers with updates on the state of the nation's educational interpreting in K-12 and in higher education settings and offers insight to the rapid growth of interpreters, particularly at the post-secondary level.
- Cases addressing current issues surrounding new technology, new demands on interpreters, and new ethical dilemmas.
DeafPeople: Evolving Perspectives from Psychology, Education and Sociology, 1/e
Jean F. Andrews
Irene W. Leigh
Order No. 0-205-33813-5
Psychosocial Aspects of Deafness, 1/e
Nanci A. Scheetz
Order No. 0-205-34347-3
Learning American Sign Language: Levels I and II- Beginning and Intermediate, 2/e
Tom L. Humphries
Carol A. Padden
Order No. 0-205-27553-2
Language Learning in Children Who Are Deaf and Hard of Hearing: Multiple Pathways, 1/e
Susan R. Easterbrooks
Order No. 0-205-33100-9
- Allyn & Bacon, Inc.
- Publication date:
- Edition description:
- Older Edition
- Product dimensions:
- 6.00(w) x 8.92(h) x 0.76(d)
Table of ContentsEach chapter concludes with “Summary” and “References.”
1. Educational Interpreting: An Introduction.
2. Best Practices in the Administration of Educational Interpreting Services.
3. Best Practices in Educational Interpreting in the Primary Grades Setting.
4. Best Practices in Interpreting in the Elementary- and Middle-School Setting.
5. Best Practices in Interpreting in High School and Vocational Settings.
6. Interpreting in Higher Education.
7. Research in Educational Interpreting.
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >