Between Ape and Artilect: Conversations with Pioneers of Artificial General Intelligence and Other Transformative Technologiesby Ben Goertzel
During 2010-12, Dr. Goertzel conducted a series of textual interviews with researchers in various areas of cutting-edge science -- artificial general intelligence, nanotechnology, life extension, neurotechnology, collective intelligence,/b>
Between Ape and Artilect is edited by noted AI researcher Ben Goertzel, and produced by futurist organization Humanity+.
During 2010-12, Dr. Goertzel conducted a series of textual interviews with researchers in various areas of cutting-edge science -- artificial general intelligence, nanotechnology, life extension, neurotechnology, collective intelligence, mind uploading, body modification, neuro-spiritual transformation, and more. These interviews were published online in H+ Magazine, and are here gathered together in a single volume. The resulting series of dialogues treats a variety of social, futurological and scientific topics in a way that is accessible to the educated non-scientist, yet also deep and honest to the subtleties of the topics being discussed.
Between Ape and Artilect is a must-read if you want the real views, opinions, ideas, muses and arguments of the people creating our future.
Table of Contents
- Itamar Arel: AGI via Deep Learning
- Pei Wang: What Do You Mean by "AI"?
- Joscha Bach: Understanding the Mind
- Hugo DeGaris: Will There be Cyborgs?
- DeGaris Interviews Goertzel: Seeking the Sputnik of AGI
- Linas Vepstas: AGI, Open Source and Our Economic Future
- Joel Pitt: The Benefits of Open Source for AGI
- Randal Koene: Substrate-Independent Minds
- João Pedro de Magalhães: Ending Aging
- Aubrey De Grey: Aging and AGI
- David Brin: Sousveillance
- J. Storrs Hall: Intelligent Nano Factories and Fogs
- Mohamad Tarifi: AGI and the Emerging Peer-to-Peer Economy
- Michael Anissimov: The Risks of Artificial Superintelligence
- Muehlhauser & Goertzel: Rationality, Risk, and the Future of AGI
- Paul Werbos: Will Humanity Survive?
- Wendell Wallach: Machine Morality
- Francis Heylighen: The Emerging Global Brain
- Steve Omohundro: The Wisdom of the Global Brain and the Future of AGI
- Alexandra Elbakyan: Beyond the Borg
- Giulio Prisco: Technological Transcendence
- Zhou Changle: Zen and the Art of Intelligent Robotics
- Hugo DeGaris: Is God an Alien Mathematician?
- Lincoln Cannon: The Most Transhumanist Religion?
- Natasha Vita-More: Upgrading Humanity
- Jeffery Martin & Mikey Siegel: Engineering Enlightenment
- CreateSpace Publishing
- Publication date:
- Product dimensions:
- 6.00(w) x 9.00(h) x 0.97(d)
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews