The Beverage Service World / Edition 1by Wallace Rande Ed.D., C.H.E., Valentino Luciani C.H.E.
Pub. Date: 09/08/2000
Publisher: Prentice Hall
This book covers the fundamental areas of beverage operations—the planning of the bar, bar staffing, legal factors to consider, drink costing, purchasing, receiving, and storage, and beverage production methods as well as mixology. The role of the customer in the success of the business is stressed, helping readers understand the importance/b>/b>… See more details below
This book covers the fundamental areas of beverage operations—the planning of the bar, bar staffing, legal factors to consider, drink costing, purchasing, receiving, and storage, and beverage production methods as well as mixology. The role of the customer in the success of the business is stressed, helping readers understand the importance of the customer in all aspects of the running of the business. Discussion of prevalence of internal theft and how to develop policies and procedures to control theft. Promotion of responsible drinking is discussed. Management forms are included, assisting readers in the understanding of material as well as in setting up and operating a beverage operation. For those in the beverage operations management field.
- Prentice Hall
- Publication date:
- Edition description:
- New Edition
- Product dimensions:
- 7.00(w) x 9.20(h) x 1.00(d)
Table of Contents
1. History of the Beverage Industry.
2. The Role of the Customer in a Food-Service Operation.
3. The Planning Stage.
4. Bar and Beverage Equipment.
5. Alcoholic Beverage Production.
6. Spirits and Cordials.
7. Wine Fundamentals.
9. Mixology and the Bartender.
10. Staffing Concerns.
11. Promoting Responsible Drinking and Alcohol Awareness.
12. Legal Factors in Beverage Service.
13. Costing, Pricing, and Control.
14. Purchasing, Receiving, Storing, and Issuing.
15. Controlling Internal Theft.
16. A Look at Tomorrow's Beverage World.
Appendix. I. Glossary.
Appendix II. Practical and Useful Forms and Plans.
Appendix III. Useful Websites by Chapter.
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >