2006 Hardcover Good Item may show signs of shelf wear. Pages may include limited notes and highlighting. Includes supplemental or companion materials if applicable. Access ...codes may or may not work. Connecting readers since 1972. Customer service is our top priority.Read moreShow Less
2006 Hardcover Good Connecting readers with great books since 1972. Used books may not include companion materials, some shelf wear, may contain highlighting/notes, and may not ...include cd-rom or access codes. Customer service is our top priority!Read moreShow Less
Ships same day or next business day! UPS expedited shipping available (Priority Mail for AK/HI/APO/PO Boxes). Used sticker & some writing and/or highlighting. Used books may not ...include working access code or dust jacketRead moreShow Less
Ships same day or next business day via UPS (Priority Mail for AK/HI/APO/PO Boxes)! Used sticker and some writing and/or highlighting. Used books may not include working access ...code or dust jacket.Read moreShow Less
Beyond Leading and Managing focuses on real life stories and anecdotes about the practice of nursing administration. It highlights key information such as advanced administrative theory, financial decisions, quality control, working with external groups and individuals, planning strategically, and creating new opportunities within the profession. Theory boxes, case studies, and current literature and research located both in the book and on the Evolve website help the reader grasp the key points, remember them and think about the practicality of the content in the real world of leading in healthcare organizations.
A brief overview of the chapter helps focus readers and the content builds the base of important information about the topic.
Literature boxes pull out and summarize key relevant theories in nursing administration.
Contemplations (questions to ponder about the topic) are included to help readers think about the practicality of the content.
Leadership Stories offer actual scenarios of practice from a professional view.
Administration certification is included as key content in the text.
Evolve website offers web links and current research/literature recommended by the authors.
1. Leading for the Future
2. Transforming Professional Practice Environments: The Magnet Recognition Program TM
3. Journey to Excellence: The Malcolm Baldrige National Quality Award
4. Theories that Guide Administrators
5. Fostering Legal and Ethical Practices
6. Forecasting: Providing Direction to Success
7. Leaders and Development of the Self
8. Developing a Culture of Caring, Learning and Service
9. Communication and the Leader
10. Leadership and Creating Teams
11. Leadership and Coaching
12. Advancing with Technology
13. Building the Business of Nursing Services: Marketing to and for the Community and the Profession
14. Financial Leadership and the CNO
15. Creating a Culture for Promoting Nursing Research and Clinical Scholarship
16. Working with Human Resources to Develop a Strategic Partnership
17. Governing and Being Governed
18. Creating Relationships and Working with Physicians and Service Leaders
19. Working With Regulatory and Accrediting Bodies
20. The Chief Nursing Officer as the Chief Operating Officer
21. Creating the Leadership Succession
22. Emerging/High Stake Issues of the Workforce
23. The CNO and the External World
Appendix A - Leadership and Management Concepts: A Brief Overview
Appendix B - Additional References