Beyond the Hay Days, 1st Edition: A Refreshingly Simple Guide to Effective Horse Nutritionby Rex A. Ewing
This easy-to-read, common sense book was written for new and experienced horse owners of all ages. A compact book of 128 pages, it covers everything from simple hay-and-grain basics to vitamins, minerals and supplements (MSM, DMG, chondroitin sulfates) for horses in various stages of life. The information is also summarized in chart form for easy reference, and the Appendix gives formulas and conversion charts for feed ration calculations.
- Essential nutrient requirements for maintenance horses, performance horses, stallions, broodmares, nursing foals, and weanlings & yearlings.
- Nutrients that supply energy: carbohydrates, fat and protein.
- Nutrients that don't supply energy: macrominerals, trace minerals & vitamins.
- A guide to supplemental feeding, with a 2-page chart for 12 classes of horses.
- Exotic nutrients: MSM, DMG and Chondroitin Sulfates.
- Helpful formulas: how to calculate the total protein in a ration; how to convert percent to milligrams or grams per day, and PPM to milligrams per day.
- Plus metric conversion factors.
Recommended by the leading horse magazines (see reviews listed below), including Horse Illustrated, Equus, Horse & Rider, Quarter Horse Journal, Western Horseman, and Horseplay.
- PixyJack Press, Incorporated
- Publication date:
- Product dimensions:
- 5.50(w) x 8.45(h) x 0.36(d)
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews