Beyond the Podium: Delivering Training and Performance to a Digital World / Edition 1by Allison Rossett, Kendra Sheldon
The digital age is infiltrating the training profession faster than most of us can stay breast of it. In Beyond the Podium, Allison Rossett and Kendra Sheldon get you up to speed on the new directions in training and development while also refreshing your understanding of the fundamentals. With a focus on the questions you're asking, they open your eyes to the… See more details below
The digital age is infiltrating the training profession faster than most of us can stay breast of it. In Beyond the Podium, Allison Rossett and Kendra Sheldon get you up to speed on the new directions in training and development while also refreshing your understanding of the fundamentals. With a focus on the questions you're asking, they open your eyes to the possibilities that are emerging-or already exist?-as organizations move into new technologies and performance improvement. Rossett and Sheldon examine the opportunities presented by e-learning, informal learning, independent learning, knowledge management, globalization, object-oriented design, wireless technologies, and more, while revisiting what makes great training, how to do an analysis, and evaluation strategies and tools. In Beyond the Podium, Rossett and Sheldon redefine the nature and function of training and trainers as they offer the following:
- A tour of the possibilities: Intrigued about the meaning of e-business for training and development? Concerned about what new learning theories contribute? Wondering about what knowledge management is and what it might mean for training? All this, and more, is covered here.
- A guide to professional development: Every chapter presents four kinds of professional development resources-references, examples of presentation slides, experts' favored resources, and resources, including websites, designed to match how much time the reader chooses to invest.
- A focus on the questions you and others have: How is my job going to change? How might my unit think about its strategy and value differently? What kinds of skills will be required? What should I be thinking about and planning for? How can I explain all this to my customers?
- A wealth of featured interviews with experts in the field: Marc Rosenberg, Roger Chevalier, Margo Murray, Roslyn Price, James Li, Jack Phillips, Ruth Clark, and others.
- Varied and rich examples: We'll visit real people with real projects in real organizations including computer companies, museums, investment houses, and government agencies.
- Publication date:
- Edition description:
- New Edition
- Product dimensions:
- 7.09(w) x 9.33(h) x 0.78(d)
Table of Contents
Welcome to Training!
How Can We Figure Out What to Do?
What Is Great Training?
Proving Our Contributions.
What Does Performance Have to Do with It?
What Are Our Technology Options?
What About the Web?
What About Informal Learning?
How Can We Use Knowledge Management?
Where to from Here?
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >