- Shopping Bag ( 0 items )
What does the Bible say about money, divorce, marriage, or grieving? How about emotions, God’s will, praying or worship? Find out here! This helpful reference is a concise, easy-to-read resource on important contemporary topics, featuring more than 2,700 categorized scriptures. With more than 70 main headings and 400 subheadings, you’ll easily find the verses you need for the questions you have. With scriptures drawn from several easy-to-read translations, and with personal stories and practical, “One Moment at a...
What does the Bible say about money, divorce, marriage, or grieving? How about emotions, God’s will, praying or worship? Find out here! This helpful reference is a concise, easy-to-read resource on important contemporary topics, featuring more than 2,700 categorized scriptures. With more than 70 main headings and 400 subheadings, you’ll easily find the verses you need for the questions you have. With scriptures drawn from several easy-to-read translations, and with personal stories and practical, “One Moment at a Time” tips, Bible Answers for Life’s Questions is an ideal resource for personal or ministry use.
Section 1: Finding God’s Will 1. God’s Will and His Promises to You1. Creating You with a Purpose2. Revealing His Will3. Directing Your Life 4. Remaining Faithful to You
2. God’s Will and How He’s Created You to Fulfill It5. Living Subject to Your Creator6. Understanding Your God-Given Identity7. Discovering Your Gifts and Talents 8. Being Good Stewards 9. Submitting to God’s Will10. Identifying Your God-Given Passions
3. God’s Will Can Be Found11. Surrendering to God’s Plan12. Acknowledging the Supremacy of God’s Plan13. Seeking Direction through Prayer14. Praying Your Dreams Line Up with His Will15. Confessing the Sin which Obscures Your View 16. Going to the Bible to Find His will 17. Trusting God and His Plan18. Listening to Good Advice 19. Acquiring Wisdom 20. Being Faithful in All Things 21. Finding Peace while You Wait
4. God’s Will Regarding Your Spiritual Life22. Loving God23. Obeying God’s Commands24. Maintaining Intimacy with God25. Continuing to Grow 26. Praising God27. Telling Others about Jesus28. Being Thankful29. Prioritizing the Church
5. God’s Will Regarding Your Money and Work30. Steering Clear from the Love of Money 31. Honoring Your Debts and Taxes32. Remembering the Poor33. Working with Integrity34. Praying for Success
6. God’s Will Regarding Sex, Marriage, and Family35. Remaining Devoted to Your Spouse36. Holding Marriage in High Regard 37. Guarding Your Sexual Behavior38. Raising Your Children39. Honoring Your Parents
7. God’s Will Regarding Dealing with Others40. Loving Others41. Living Peacefully42. Being Free from Anger43. Forgiving Others44. Discipling Each Other
8. God’s Will Regarding Your Character45. Being Filled with Integrity46. Resisting Pride47. Overcoming Temptation
9. God’s Will May Be Painful 48. Trusting through the Disappointment49. Refusing to Envy Others 50. Sensing God’s Care when Dreams Disappear51. Remaining Content
10. God’s Will May Involve Risk52. Being Bold 53. Stepping Out in Faith54. Persevering to the End
Section 2: Emotions: The Color of Life
1. Emotions of Love1. Affection2. Caring3. Compassion4. Concern5. Longing6. Love7. Tenderness
2. Emotions of Joy8. Cheerfulness9. Enjoyment10. Enthusiasm 11. Gratitude12. Happiness13. Hope14. Joy15. Pleasure16. Triumph17. Wonder
3. Emotions of Peace18. Comfort19. Contentment20. Peace21. Relief22. Satisfaction
4. Emotions of Passion23. Ambition24. Courage25. Desire26. Determination27. Envy28. Greed29. Infatuation30. Lust31. Passion32. Playfulness33. Pride
5. Emotions of Anger34. Anger35. Bitterness36. Contempt37. Frustration38. Hate39. Hostility40. Irritation41. Vengefulness
6. Emotions of Sadness42. Boredom43. Confusion44. Defeat45. Depression46. Discouragement47. Embarrassment48. Emptiness49. Grief50. Guilt51. Hopelessness52. Loneliness53. Pain 54. Rejection55. Remorse56. Sadness57. Shame
7. Emotions of Fear58. Anxiety59. Denial60. Distress61. Fear62. Insecurity63. Laziness64. Nervousness65. Panic66. Shock
Section 3: Uninvited Grief
1. You’re Not Alone
2. Life-Changing Events
3. Assaulted by Anger
4. Wrestling with Guilt
6. The Recovery Process
7. Helping Your Children Grieve
8. Ministering to others
9. Spiritual Journey
10. Knowing God during This Time
11. Lingering Hurts
Section 4: Love and Marriage
1. Defining Marriage
1. Achieving Oneness
2. Submitting to Each Other
3. Sharing a Vision
2. True Love
4. Defining Love
5. Being Steadfast
6. Showing Affection
3. You and Your Spouse
7. Defining the Ideal Man
8. Defining the Ideal Woman
9. Aspiring to Be a Godly Mate
10. Looking beyond Your Spouse’s Faults
11. Supporting Each Other
12. Respecting Your Spouse
13. Living with an Unbelieving Spouse
4. Divorce and Remarriage
14. Avoiding Divorce
15. Becoming Remarried
16. Communicating Well
17. Listening Well
18. Handling Conflict
19. Avoiding Squabbles
6. Anger and Abuse
20. Dealing with Anger
21. Resisting Bitterness
22. Keeping Short Accounts
23. Confronting Abuse
24. Getting Help
25. Recovering from Abuse
7. Sex and Intimacy
26. Living Intimately
27. Enjoying Sex
28. Maintaining Purity
29. Warnings against Unfaithfulness
30. Guarding against Immorality
8. You and Your Family
31. Sharing God’s Perspective on Children
32. Being Intentional about Parenting
33. Serving Together
34. Enforcing Discipline
35. Honoring Parents
9. Traits of a Strong Marriage
36. Choosing a Joyful Spirit
37. Feeling Secure in Your Identity in Christ
38. Knowing Your Self-Worth
39. Remaining Humble
40. Dealing with Difficulties
41. Finding Strength in Christ
42. Being Grateful for What God Gives You
43. Glorifying God Together
Section 5: In God We Trust?
1. Stewardship: It’s All from Him
2. Income: Blessing and Responsibility
3. Warnings: Dangers Await
4. Poor & Needy: Receiving God’s Extra Care
5. Giving: Hearing the Call
6. Obligations: Business, Debts, & Taxes
7. Budgeting: Getting Ahead
8. True Riches: More Valuable than Money
Section 6: Why Is This Divorce Happening to Me?
1. Can These Hurts Be Healed?
2. What Does God Think of Me Now?
3. Am I Wrong to Feel This Way?
4. Am I Alone?
5. Where Will the Money Come From?
21. Asking God for Help
22. Finding God’s Provision
23. Becoming a Good Steward
6. How Will This Affect my Kids?
24. Minimizing Their Guilt25. Helping Them Heal26. Carrying Your Own Burdens27. Avoiding a Toxic Relationship with Your Ex
7. Will I Always Be This Exhausted?
28. Finding Physical Rest
29. Being Still for a Moment
30. Refreshing Your Heart
8. What about Sex?
9. Do I Have to Forgive?
35. Forgiving Your Ex36. Dealing with Adversarial People37. Handling Well-Meaning, but Insensitive People
10. Is Reconciliation Possible?
38. Being Open to Reconciliation39. Pursuing reconciliation40. Seeking Wisdom
11. Can I Rebuild My Life?
43. Believing Your Self-Worth
44. Healing the Heartbreak
Section 7: Drawing Near to God
1. The Value of Prayer
2. Meeting the God of Our Prayer
3. The Prayer of Adoration
4. The Prayer of Confession
5. The Prayer of Thanksgiving
6. The Prayer of Supplication
7. Prayers of the Heart