The Bilingual Special Education Interface / Edition 4by Leonard M. Baca, Hermes T. Cervantes
This book offers an understanding of the major needs of bilingual children who also have disabilities. Chapters highlight the connections between the common knowledge base, programs, and methodologies of special education and those of bilingual education in order to explore the ways to help exceptional children of Asian, African, Hispanic, and/b>… See more details below
This book offers an understanding of the major needs of bilingual children who also have disabilities. Chapters highlight the connections between the common knowledge base, programs, and methodologies of special education and those of bilingual education in order to explore the ways to help exceptional children of Asian, African, Hispanic, and Native-American heritage. Practical information is balanced with strong research. Topics include: a judicial perspective on bilingual special education; a development of the bilingual special education interface; language acquisition; issues and assessment; procedures and techniques for assessment; individualized educational programs; instructional plans and curriculum development; methods and materials; family involvement; and issues in policy development and implementation. An excellent resource for teachers, counselors, psychologists, and speech/language specialists.
- Publication date:
- Edition description:
- Product dimensions:
- 7.48(w) x 9.05(h) x 1.02(d)
Table of Contents
1. Background and Rationale for Bilingual Special Education.
2. Bilingualism and Bilingual Education.
3. The Education of Children with Special Needs.
4. Bilingual Special Education: A Judicial Perspective.
5. Development of the Bilingual Special Education Interface.
6. Language Acquisition and the Bilingual Exceptional Child.
7. Issues and Theoretical Considerations in the Assessment of Bilingual Children.
8. Procedures and Techniques for Assessing the Bilingual Exceptional Child.
9. Developing Individualized Educational Programs for Exceptional Language Minority Students.
10. Developing Instructional Plans and Curriculum for Bilingual Special Education Students.
11. Methods and Materials for Bilingual Special Education.
12. Including Bilingual Exceptional Children in the General Education Classroom.
13. How Educational Consultation Can Enhance Instruction for Culturally and Linguistically Diverse Exceptional (CLDE) Students.
14. Family Involvement in Bilingual Special Education: Challenging the Norm.
15. Issues in Policy Development and Implementation.
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >