- Shopping Bag ( 0 items )
If you’re years removed from your last high school biology class -- or if you’re just starting out as a student -- here’s a fast, effective and entertaining way to learn the fundamental facts and concepts of biology.
Written in straightforward, easy-to-grasp language, Biology Demystified will help you understand basic and applied scientific information. As a result, you’ll gain "instant expertise" in biology -- even if you’ve had no previous formal training in the sciences. The author, an experienced biology professor, uses a host of clever techniques to help you soak up what you really need to know, including:
* Presenting "big picture" principles first -- followed by the details
* More than 150 illustrations for solid grounding in basic life sciences
* "Biological Order vs. Disorder" icons for easy category recognition
* A pronunciation guide for difficult biology terms
* Frequent self-testing and reviews to help you retain information
* The original Latin/Greek meanings of many biological terms with entertaining and informative illustrations
* And much, much more!
So if you’re looking for a deeper understanding of the world around you, let Biology Demystified be your shortcut!
Posted February 4, 2011
I don't write reviews, however I want others to know this book will help you if you're lost.. I checked out and bought 14 different books from Biology for Dummies, Cliffs study solver biology to bio by Distefano, bio molecular approach.. This book explains the process of biology simply with illustrations - The author doesn't jump around, like many others -- makes it sort of like a recipe explaining step by step.. Don't pass this up- if you are having a difficult time it will clarify EVERYTHING!Was this review helpful? Yes NoThank you for your feedback. Report this reviewThank you, this review has been flagged.
Posted June 8, 2009
If you need an "easy" book to supplement your studies,"Biology for Dummies" is more complete, and there is an AP version, too.Was this review helpful? Yes NoThank you for your feedback. Report this reviewThank you, this review has been flagged.