The BlackBerry is cool, and the BlackBerry is fun, but the BlackBerry also means serious business. For those of you who bought your BlackBerry to help get your life organized and free yourself from the ball-and-chain of desktop computing, BlackBerryfor Work: Productivity for Professionals is the book to show you how. There are plenty of general-purpose BlackBerry guides, but this book shows you how to complete all the traditional smartphone tasks, like to-dos, calendars, and email, and become even more efficient and productive. You’ll learn mechanisms for developing effective workflows specific to the features of the BlackBerry and also efficient strategies for dealing with the specialized aspects of business and professional lifestyles.
After giving a professionally targeted introduction to the built-in applications and configuration options, this book details the BlackBerry’s enterprise features. This book also delves into App World, the BlackBerry’s source for third-party software. It discusses some of the best business and vertical applications, and shows you how to take advantage of this wealth of add-ons and professional functionality.
- The only business-specific guide to the BlackBerry.
- Improve your productivity with innovative mobile workflows that free you from the desktop.
- Make the BlackBerry work for you so you can work better.
The authors of BlackBerry for Work have decided to direct their share of the proceeds from the book to a charity in India. The Mitr Foundation is a trust founded in the city of Hyderabad, with the objective of contributing its might towards the empowerment of the girl child through education. Somewhere between the elite and the underprivileged lies the core essence of our endeavor. Shikha Gupta has pledged to undertake the responsibility of educatingthree children.
What you’ll learn
- How to purchase a BlackBerry and configure it specifically for business
- How to integrate built-in BlackBerry platform features into an everyday professional workflow
- How to access enterprise-wide data and computing features
- Specific organizational tips and sample workflows for different types of professions
- How to deploy the BlackBerry platform across groups both large and small
- The secrets of BlackBerry platform customization and personalization
Who this book is for
You have already purchased or are considering purchasing a BlackBerry. You know it’s the most reliable smartphone around, but you actually want to use it to make your professional life more efficient, productive, and lest we forget, fun! The BlackBerry has inherent uses for a broad range of professions, including management, sales, medical/dental, legal, real estate, training and education, human resources, and information technology, so there are many of you (or should I say us?). Some of us are novice mobile device users, and others are highly experienced mobile pros. No matter, because every professional BlackBerry user across this continuum of experience wants to learn to work smarter, better, and more efficiently. This book shows you how to use your BlackBerry to do this.
Table of Contents
- BlackBerry Models and Purchasing
- Setting Up Your BlackBerry
- BlackBerry as a Phone
- BlackBerry for E-mail
- BlackBerry for Text and Multimedia Messaging
- Calendaring on Your BlackBerry
- Contact Management on Your BlackBerry
- Web Browsing
- Exploring Other Built-in BlackBerry Functions
- BlackBerry as a Modem
- Google Apps on Your BlackBerry
- BlackBerry as an iPod
- Understanding App World
- General Business Apps