Notes on Contributors.
References to the Threatise, Abstract, and Enquiries.
Part I: Formulation, Reception and Scope of the Treatise:.
1. The Treatise: Composition, Reception and Response: John Wright (Central Michigan University).
2. Hume’s Other Writings:Wade Robison (Rochester Institute of Technology).
Part II: The Understanding:.
3. Impressions and Ideas: Janet Broughton (University of California, Berkeley).
4. Space and Time: Lorne Falkenstein (University of Western Ontario).
5. Belief, Probability, Normativity: William Edward Morris (Illinois Wesleyan University).
6. Causation: Abraham Sesshu Roth (University of Illinois at Chicago).
7. Identity, Continued Existence, and the External World: Don Baxter (University of Connecticut).
8. Personal Identity and the Sceptical System of Philosophy: Corliss Gayda Swain (St. Olaf College).
9. Hume’s Conclusions in ‘Conclusion of this Book’: Don Garrett (New York University).
Part III: The Passions:.
10. The Powers and Mechanisms of the Passions: Lilli Alanen (Uppsala University).
11. Hume’s “New and Extraordinary” Account of the Passions: Jane McIntyre (Cleveland State University).
12. Liberty, Necessity and the Will: Tony Pitson (University of Stirling).
Part IV: Morals:.
13. Reason, Passion and the Influencing Motives of the Will: Mike Karlsson (University of Iceland).
14. Hume’s Artificial and Natural Virtues: Rachel Cohon (University at Albany, State University of New York).
15. Virtue and the Evaluation of Character: Jacqueline Taylor (University of San Francisco).