Part I: Selection.
1. Select on Intelligence. (Frank L. Schmidt and John E. Hunter).
2. Select on Conscientiousness and Emotional Stability. (Murray R. Barrick and Michael K. Mount).
3. Structure Interviews to Hire the Best People. (Cynthia Kay Stevens).
Part II: Training and Performance Appraisal.
4. Design Training Systems Systematically. (Eduardo Salas and Janis A. Cannon-Bowers).
5. Design Performance Appraisal Systems to Improve Performance. (Angelo S. DeNisi and Jorge A. Gonzalez).
Part III: Turnover and Satisfaction. .
6. Promote Job Satisfaction through Mental Challenge. (Timothy A. Judge).
7. Control Turnover by Understanding its Causes. (Thomas W. Lee and Terence R. Mitchell).
Part IV: Motivation.
8. Motivate Employee Performance through Goal Setting. (Gary P. Latham).
9. Cultivate Self-Efficacy for Personal and Organizational Effectiveness. (Albert Bandura).
10. Motivate Performance through Empowerment. (Jay A. Conger).
11. Pay for Performance. (Cathy C. Durham and Kathryn M. Bartol).
12. Provide Recognition for Performance Improvement. (Fred Luthans and Alexander D. Stajkovic).
13. Promote Procedural Justice to Enhance Acceptance of Work Outcomes. (Jerald Greenberg).
Part V: Team Dynamics.
14. Compose Teams to Assure Successful Boundary Activity. (Deborah Ancona and David Caldwell).
15. Excel Through Group Process. (Gerardo A. Okhuysen and Kathleen M. Eisenhardt).
16. Manage Intra-Team Conflict through Collaboration. (Laurie Weingart and Karen A. Jehn).
Part VI: Leadership. .
17. Use Power Effectively. (Gary Yukl).
18. Lead Through Vision and Values. (Markus Hauser and Robert J. House).
19. Foster Trust through Competence, Honesty and Integrity. (Sabrina C. Salam).
Part VII: Organizational Processes. .
20. Design Structure to Fit Strategy. (Lex Donaldson).
21. Use Participation to Share Information and Distribute Knowledge. (John A Wagner III).
22. Make Good Decisions by Effectively Managing the Decision-making Process. (Glen Whyte).
23. Stimulate Creativity by Fueling Passion. (Teresa Amabile).
24. Manage Stress at Work through Preventive and Proactive Coping. (Ralf Schwarzer).
25. Manage Conflict through Negotiation and Mediation: M. Susan Taylor (Robert H. Smith School of Business, University of Maryland).
26. Lead Organizational Change by Creating Dissatisfaction and Realigning the Organization with New Competitive Realities.(Michael Beer).
Part VIII: Work, Family, Technology and Culture.
27. Promote Equal Opportunity by Recognizing Gender Differences in the Experience of Work and Family. (Nancy P. Rothbard and Jeanne M. Brett).
28. Use Information Technology as a Catalyst for Organizational Change. (Maryam Alavi and Jonathan Palmer).
29. Make Management Practice Fit the National Culture. (Miriam Erez).
The Epistemological Side of Teaching Management: Teaching Through Principles.(Edwin A. Locke).