Blender For Dummiesby Jason van Gumster
Because there’s a lot to learn about Blender, you’ll be glad this book takes/i>
- LendMe LendMe™ Learn More
So you’ve heard about Blender, the free 3D animation software. You really want to know more about the features of Blender, where to get it, and how to use it. You’re in luck! It’s all in Blender For Dummies, including Blender software on the bonus DVD.
Because there’s a lot to learn about Blender, you’ll be glad this book takes it step by step. First, you’ll learn to install Blender 2.48 and think the Blender way. Then you’ll start creating 3D objects and setting them in motion with animations and rigging. Soon you’ll be texturing with Blender, rendering with Blender, and sharing your creations. You’ll learn how to:
- Create almost anything with meshes, save time with the Mirror modifier, and use Blender’s secret weapon, Dupliverts
- Understand texture mapping, know when to use which type of lamp, and use radiosity in animation
- Work with curves and surfaces, and add color, shades, texture, and reflections
- Rig your characters for animation with shape keys, hooks, and armatures, and understand kinematics
- Navigate in three dimensions
- Make your animations more believable, and let Blender do the animating for you
- Use the video sequence editor
- Export, render, composite, and edit for output
You’ll even get tips on common problems new Blender users face and how to avoid them. Blender For Dummies will have you creating eye-popping 3D animations before you know it!
Note: CD-ROM/DVD and other supplementary materials are not included as part of eBook file.
Meet the Author
Jason van Gumster has produced a variety of animations and visualeffects for television and film as producer/animator for Hand TurkeyStudios. A Blender user since 1998, he's given numerous Blender workshops and blogs for Blender Nation, the primary news Web site for Blender users.
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >
Trying to learn a new process can be daunting but this handy book really helps the novice explore a whole new realm.
This book was clear and easy to read. It is one of the easier ways to learn Blender.