One of major battles of the War of the Spanish Succession, the Grand Alliance commanded by the Duke of Marlborough achieved a decisive victory near Blindheim (Blenheim in English), protecting Vienna and forcing Bavaria out of the war.
- Watch the detailed map animation, showing the stages of the battle and the manoeuvres of the Franco-Bavarian and Anglo-Dutch forces.
- Listen to the audio commentary as you follow the course of the battle.
- Read the historical account of the build-up to the battle, the action itself and its aftermath.
- View the gallery, including paintings and illustrations of Blenheim, the forces, dragoons and weaponry. A handy map pinpoints exactly where it happened and an easy-to-follow chart details the opposing forces that took part.
- Try out your knowledge of the attack with the battle quiz.
This is history at hand - one of the major events in world history on your NOOK.