Essential Works is a book design, editing, and concept-creation company. In 2004 the company created the New York Times best-seller Hippie. In Fall 2005, the company produced Book of Secrets, Book of Lies, and the Inspiration series Madonna and Dylan for Andrews McMeel Publishing.
Bob Dylan: Inspirationsby Essential Works, Essential Works, Essential Works Staff
"I'm sort of doing what I want to do. I mean, not sort of what I want to do, I am doing what I want to do. Or what I believe I was put here to do."A spokesperson for a generation, Bob Dylan gave a voice to the young, and his words were, and still are, truly revolutionary. Bob Dylan: Inspirations conveys the spirit of the man and the inspiration he has brought to millions through his poignant music. This intriguing book is composed entirely of Dylan's own words. Photos of Dylan and captivating images illustrate his words beautifully:
* "When I get involved in something, I get totally involved. I don't just play around on the fringe."
* "I went over my whole life. I went over my whole childhood. I didn't talk to anyone for a week after Elvis died. If it wasn't for Elvis and Hank Williams, I couldn't be doing what I do today."
* "I don't call myself a poet because I don't like the word. I am a trapeze artist."
The book is filled with over 50 striking photographs in a thoroughly modern design for a unique look. Pull it out when you need some inspiration from the master.
- Andrews McMeel Publishing
- Publication date:
- Product dimensions:
- 5.90(w) x 6.00(h) x 0.80(d)
Meet the Author
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews