The Bobbsey Twins Collection, Volume 2by Laura Lee Hope
• * When
One of the longest running story series for children is "The Bobbsey Twins" and it has delighted children and their parents for over a hundred years now. Follow the adventures of two sets of young twins at the turn of the Twentieth Century when there were no telephones, radios, or televisions, and horses and carriages were common-place.
• * When the series begins (1904), Bert and Nan are eight, and Flossie and Freddie are four. The twins enjoy wonderful days filled with sunshine and love with their playmates, Grace, Nellie, and Charlie, and get into and out of trouble as only little kids can manage. Their dog, Snap, and their cat, Snoop, go along on many of their adventures as they go to school, deal with bullies, have sled races, and find out who set fire to their boathouse. Then they travel to a lodge in the country during the school holidays and escape a snow slide, get lost in the woods, and solve the mystery of Mr. Carford's missing money. Finally, they spend a summer vacation on a Houseboat that seems to be haunted as things keep disappearing from the kitchen!
• * "The Bobbsey Twins" is one of the many book series written in the early 20th Century by the Stratemeyer Syndicate. The first book in each series was written by Edward Stratemeyer, who then produced outlines for the other books in the series and hired writers to produce the actual books using a pseudonym. For the Bobbsey Twins' series this was Laura Lee Hope.
• * ""The Bobbsey Twins at School" and "The Bobbsey Twins at Snow Lodge" were published in 1913, while "The Bobbsey Twins on a Houseboat" was published in 1915. All three were written by Howard R. Garis.
• * This edition includes the original twelve illustrations.
• * Check out the other Laura Lee Hope children's and juvenile books published by Flying Chipmunk Publishing!
- Wilder Publications
- Publication date:
- Sales rank:
- Product dimensions:
- 6.00(w) x 9.00(h) x 0.76(d)
Meet the Author
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >