Bond Evaluation, Selection, and Management / Edition 1by R. Stafford Johnson, Johnson
Pub. Date: 02/15/2004
Bond Evaluation, Selection, and Management synthesizes fundamental and advanced topics in the field, offering comprehensive coverage of bond and debt management. This text provides readers with the basics needed to understand advanced strategies, and explanations of cutting edge advanced topics. Focusing on concepts, models, and numerical examples, readers are/i>… See more details below
Bond Evaluation, Selection, and Management synthesizes fundamental and advanced topics in the field, offering comprehensive coverage of bond and debt management. This text provides readers with the basics needed to understand advanced strategies, and explanations of cutting edge advanced topics. Focusing on concepts, models, and numerical examples, readers are provided with the tools they need to select, evaluate, and manage bonds.
The text covers a broad range of topics, including the characteristics of debt securities, the factors governing these securities and their markets, bonds with embedded options, asset-backed securities, and bond derivatives. Additionally, extensive review questions, web exercises, and practice problems reinforce important concepts. Taken together, this book provides readers with the solid foundation they need to understand the complexities of evaluating and selecting bonds and other fixed income securities.
- Publication date:
- Edition description:
- New Edition
- Product dimensions:
- 7.18(w) x 9.50(h) x 1.63(d)
Table of Contents
Part I: Bond Evaluation and Selection.
1. Overview of the Financial System.
2. Bond Value and Return.
3. The Level and Structure of Interest Rates.
4. Bond Risk.
Part II: Debt Markets.
5. Corporate Debt Securities.
6. Government Securities.
7. Intermediary and Foreign Debt Securities.
8. Bond Investment Strategies.
Part III: Evaluation of Bonds with Embedded Options.
9. Valuation of Bonds with Embedded Options: Binomial Interest Rate Trees.
10. Estimating the Binomial Tree.
11. Securitization and Mortgage‑Backed Securities.
Part IV: Debt Derivatives: Futures, Options, and Swaps.
12. Interest Rate Futures: Fundamentals.
13. Interest Rate Futures: Applications and Pricing.
14. Interest Rate Options: Fundamentals.
15. Interest Rate Options: Hedging Applications and Pricing.
16. Interest Rate Swaps.
17. Non-Generic Interest Rate And Currency Swaps.
Appendix A: Use of Exponents and Logarithms.
Appendix B: Mathematical Statistical Concepts.
Appendix C: CFA Questions.
Answers to Select End-of-Chapter Problems.
Glossary of Terms.
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >