Book of Babies: Tradition, Trivia and Curious Factsby Lisa Wojna
• The Chinese believe that if a pregnant woman reads good poetry and thoughtful books,
Babies are life's little miracles. Everything about them -- from conception to birth and beyond -- is fascinating. Book of Babies includes intriguing scientific facts, strange stories, famous stars and their little ones, and cultural traditions from across the globe:
• The Chinese believe that if a pregnant woman reads good poetry and thoughtful books, her child will develop a thoughtful and intelligent disposition
• During a newborn's first month, you can expect to change diapers 12 to 16 times per day; if using disposable diapers, expect to spend about $72 per month
• According to number crunchers at the Population Reference Bureau in Washington, DC, as many as 106 billion people have been born throughout the history of the world
• Spanish mother Maria del Carmen Bousada de Lara delivered twin boys on December 29, 2006, and celebrated her 67th birthday seven days later
• Despite the urban legend, babies are born with kneecaps, but they are more cartilage than bone and ossify around the three-year mark for girls and at age four or five for boys
• Weird cravings are common to most pregnant women -- Nicole Kidman craved radishes.
• And much more.
- Blue Bike Books
- Publication date:
- Product dimensions:
- 5.25(w) x 8.25(h) x 0.45(d)
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews