- Shopping Bag ( 0 items )
• the secret of social success
• engagements and weddings
• the intricacies of the social call
• correspondence and invitations
• use of the napkin
• yachting parties for bachelors
• musicals and private theatricals
• some important rules about golf
• the charm of correct speech
• and much more...
The only serious competitor to Emily Post as etiquette maven to America between the wars, LILLIAN EICHLER WATSON (b. 1902) was a 19-year-old copywriter for the book publisher Doubleday when she was commissioned to rewrite the outdated Encyclopedia of Etiquette by Emily Holt.
Posted February 5, 2013
I write historical romance, and this book helped me to know how people acted and dressed back in those days. I highly recommend this book to anyone who wants to know more about this timeframe or who writes fiction in this timeframe! Very helpful!Was this review helpful? Yes NoThank you for your feedback. Report this reviewThank you, this review has been flagged.