- Shopping Bag ( 0 items )
Instead, we have already read Double Down and pulled out some of the key points, and insights to give you a comprehensive chapter-by-chapter summary & review. In doing so, unfortunately we do not have the space to include all of the many important ideas and anecdotes found in Double Down....
Ships from: Auburn, WA
Usually ships in 1-2 business days
Instead, we have already read Double Down and pulled out some of the key points, and insights to give you a comprehensive chapter-by-chapter summary & review. In doing so, unfortunately we do not have the space to include all of the many important ideas and anecdotes found in Double Down. To get it all, you should first order the full book. Packaged together in an engaging and easily digestible format, this concise summary & analysis works best as an unofficial guide or companion to read alongside the book.
Four years ago, Mark Halperin and John Heilemann kept us on the edges of our reading seats with Game Change, their thrilling account of the 2008 race for the White House. Now, they have once again delivered with a thrilling account of the 2012 campaign.
How was it that a president who was the very embodiment of cool managed to melt down in his first debate against his Republican rival? How was he able to come back from the brink of defeat? Why was the Republican field so thin on the ground?
These are some of the questions that Double Down seeks to answer, in some cases more convincingly than in others. In this summary & analysis, you will discover how:
• A presidential campaign inexorably culls candidates with less resources, organization, gravitas, or smarts.
• Money and family are the two most crucial considerations a candidate for the presidency must weigh before embarking on a presidential run.
• The dividing line between pursuing political interests legitimately and outright deceitfully is a thin one.
• There was a lack of discipline and clear lines of responsibility within the Romney campaign.
• Obama was a victim of his own success: anything he did was matched up unfavorably against the exorbitantly high expectations he had engendered.
All this and much more!
FROM START-TO-FINISH IN JUST 30 MINUTES!
Here's your chapter-by-chapter guide to Mark Halperin & John Heilemann's Double Down: Game Change 2012 that you can download right now!