Inorganic Electronic Structure and Spectroscopy: Methodology / Edition 1by Edward I. Solomon
Pub. Date: 02/17/2006
Journal of Chemical Education
This newly available paperbound edition of Inorganic Electronic Structure and Spectroscopy includes all the material from the original clothbound edition published in 1999. Consisting of articles contributed by outstanding scientists from around the world, Volume I, Methodology presents the state of the art in this field,… See more details below
Journal of Chemical Education
This newly available paperbound edition of Inorganic Electronic Structure and Spectroscopy includes all the material from the original clothbound edition published in 1999. Consisting of articles contributed by outstanding scientists from around the world, Volume I, Methodology presents the state of the art in this field, written in a style accessible to the well-read senior undergraduate, and yet still of superior value to the senior researcher.
The first of a two-volume set, Volume I provides a thorough review of methodologies in transition metal spectroscopy and theoretical modeling, including:
- Electron Paramagnetic Resonance Spectroscopy
- IR, Raman, and Resonance Raman Spectroscopy
- Newer techniques used in inorganic chemistry, such as polarized absorption spectroscopy
- Luminescence spectroscopy
- Laser spectroscopy, X-ray and absorption spectroscopy, and EXAFS
- Three important chapters on traditional ligand field theory
This work assumes a basic understanding of quantum chemistry and group theory and reflects the current state of development for many of the techniques used by practicing inorganic chemists. Although written by multiple contributors, the editors' holistic approach to the manuscript has ensured a uniform presentation.
- Publication date:
- Product dimensions:
- 6.28(w) x 9.31(h) x 1.57(d)
Table of Contents
Contributors, Volume I.
Contents, Volume II.
Contributors, Volume II.
1. Ligand Field Theory and the Properties of Transition Metal Complexes (A. Lever & E. Solomon).
2. Electron Paramagnetic Resonance Spectroscopy (A. Bencini & D. Gatteschi).
3. Mössbauer Spectroscopy (P. Gütlich & J. Ensling).
4. Polarized Absorption Spectroscopy (M. Hitchman & M. Riley).
5. Luminescence Spectroscopy (T. Brunold & H. Güdel).
6. Laser Spectroscopy (E. Krausz & H. Riesen).
7. IR, Raman, and Resonance Raman Spectroscopy (R. Czernuszewicz & T. Spiro).
8. Photoelectron Spectra of Inorganic and Organometallic Molecules in the Gas Phase using Synchrotron Radiation (G. Bancroft & Y. Hu).
9. X-Ray Absorption Spectroscopy and EXAFS Analysis: The Multiple-Scattering Method and Applications in Inorganic and Bioinorganic Chemistry (H. Zhang, et al.).
10. Electronic Structure Calculations on Transition Metal Complexes: Ab-Initio and Approximate Models (C. Martin & M. Zerner).
11. Electronic Structure Calculations: Density Functional Methods with Applications to Transition Metal Complexes (J. Noodleman & D. Case).
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >