Health Psychology / Edition 8by Shelley Taylor
Pub. Date: 06/13/2011
Publisher: McGraw-Hill Higher Education
Since the first edition was published in 1986, Health Psychology has helped thousands of college students learn how to maintain their health and guard against illness. The goal of this book has always been to make research accessible in a way that integrates theory with practical applications so that people can lead healthier lives. The importance of social/i>
Since the first edition was published in 1986, Health Psychology has helped thousands of college students learn how to maintain their health and guard against illness. The goal of this book has always been to make research accessible in a way that integrates theory with practical applications so that people can lead healthier lives. The importance of social relationships, health behaviors, and co-management of health and illness are themes that are woven throughout the text. The Connect course for this offering includes SmartBook, an adaptive reading and study experience which guides students to master, recall, and apply key concepts while providing automatically-graded assessments.
• Connect®The Connect Suite effectively engages students in the course so they are better prepared for class, more active in discussion, and achieve better results. Its innovative and adaptive technology addresses a wide variety of student and instructor needs with a rich database of assignable and assessable activities, each attached to learning objectives. Connect, part of the Connect suite, is a web-based assignment and assessment platform that features a number of powerful tools that make managing assignments easier for instructors and learning and studying more engaging and efficient for students.
• Connect InsightTMAs part of the Connect Suite, InsightTM puts real-time analytics in your hands so you can take action early and keep struggling students from falling behind. Designed for your tablet or desktop computer, Insight is a series of visual displays providing at-a-glance information regarding how your section, students, and assignments are doing.
• SmartBookAs part of the Connect Suite, SmartBook is the first and only adaptive reading and learning experience that changes the way students read. It creates a personalized, interactive reading environment like no other by highlighting important concepts, while helping students identify their strengths and weaknesses. This ensures that he or she is focused on the content needed to close specific knowledge gaps, while it simultaneously promotes long term learning.
• LearnSmartAs part of the Connect Suite, LearnSmart is an adaptive learning program designed to help students learn faster, study smarter, and retain more knowledge for greater success. Millions of students have answered billions of questions in LearnSmart, making it the most widely used tool that’s proven to strengthen memory recall, retain student attendance, and boost grades.
- McGraw-Hill Higher Education
- Publication date:
- Edition description:
- Older Edition
- Product dimensions:
- 8.20(w) x 10.10(h) x 1.00(d)
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews