Law and Special Education / Edition 3by Mitchell L. Yell
Pub. Date: 03/17/2011
This book presents the necessary information for educators to understand the history and development of special education laws and the requirements of these laws. This book provides the reader with the necessary skills to locate pertinent information in law libraries, on the Internet, and other sources to keep abreast of the constant changes and developments in the Special Education field. Appropriate for people interested in Special Education and the Law.
- Publication date:
- Edition description:
- Older Edition
Table of Contents
2. Legal Research.
3. Legal Research on the Internet.
4. The History of the Law and Children with Disabilities.
5. The Individuals with Disabilities Education Act.
6. Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973.
7. The Americans with Disabilities Act.
8. Free Appropriate Public Education.
9. The Individualized Education Program.
10. Related Services.
11. Identification, Assessment, and Evaluation.
12. Least Restrictive Environment.
13. Procedural Safeguards.
15. Disciplining Students with Disabilities.
16. Additional Issues.
Appendix: Relevant Sections of the U.S. Constitution.
Index of Cases.
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews