Fundamentals of Early Childhood Education / Edition 7by George S. Morrison
Pub. Date: 01/30/2013
Now in its Seventh Edition, the best-selling Fundamentals of Early Childhood Education by renowned author and educator, George S. Morrison, remains keenly focused on what it means to be an early childhood professional in today’s world. Providing a brief, reader-friendly introduction to the field, it presents engaging chapter features on early childhood programs, professionals in practice, diversity strategies, technology issues, and ethical decision-making. Separate chapters on infants and toddlers, preschoolers, kindergartners, and the primary grades explore young children’s unique developmental and educational needs. Fundamentals’ emphasis on professionalism throughout keeps the focus on meeting the needs of each and every child and providing up-to-date information and strategies to develop competent, informed early childhood professionals. This thoroughly revised edition offers a contemporary, accessible, user-friendly approach to all of the major topics, programs, and issues at the forefront of the field today. Comprehensive, yet brief, this text is a perfect resource for a variety of courses in early childhood education.
- Publication date:
- Edition description:
- Older Edition
- Product dimensions:
- 9.70(w) x 7.90(h) x 0.70(d)
Table of Contents
2. Early Childhood Education Today: Understanding Current Issues.
3. History and Theories: Foundations for Teaching and Learning.
4. Implementing Early Childhood Programs: Applying Theories to Practice.
5. Observing and Assessing Young Children: Guiding, Teaching, and Learning.
6. Infants and Toddlers: Foundational Years for Learning.
7. The Preschool Years: Getting Ready for School.
8. Kindergarten Today: Meeting Academic and Developmental Needs.
9. The Primary Grades: Preparation for Lifelong Success.
10. Educating Children with Diverse Backgrounds and Special Needs: Ensuring All Children Learn.
11. Guiding Children's Behavior: Helping Children Act Their Best.
12. Cooperation and Collaboration with Parents, Families, and the Community: Building a Partnership for Student Success.
Appendix: The NAEYC Code of Ethical Conduct.
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews